Sandbox Preschool & Child Care
Tel: (708) 301-2311
- The Sandbox Schools Founding Mothers, Beverly Avery & Sue Moustakas, both have Master's degrees in Early Childhood Administration and continue to be executive directors and active in every day operations.
- Sandbox School Of Early Care of Education, Palos Hills, Director, Administrator, Dorothy Garofalo opened an independent Sandbox 23 yeas ago after being employed at Sandbox for 10 years.
- Dorothy has a Degree in Early Childhood. The Sandbox Schools and their programs were successfully created and developed in 1968 by Beverly Avery and Sue Moustakas, two local teachers with Master's Degrees in Early Childhood Education, who wanted the best possible early childhood program for their own children.
- Today there are six Sandbox locations four of which are owned and operation by the same two partners, each of whom have over 30 years experience working with young children.
- The additional two Sandbox schools are owned and operated by Dorothy Garofalo, a long-time Sandbox teacher, with 20 years in early childhood development and degree in Early Childhood Education.
- Directors and staff are carefully chosen and well qualified for the job at Sandbox.
- Staff turnover is low at Sandbox Schools. Ten years is an average tenure for Sandbox staff and directors.
- While many have worked at the centers for 15, 20, and 25 years.
- Sandbox provides high quality childcare that supports children and parents through superior developmentally appropriate curriculums that correspond with each stage of development, nurturing children ages 6 weeks through 12 years.
- A variety of programs are offered, providing choices that assist each child in the cognitive, the social, the emotional and the physical development during the formative years.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.