Beacon Day School
- Beacon is a private, non-profit, non-sectarian, independent day school, dedicated to educating the whole child through a developmentally responsive, arts enriched curriculum.
- Founded in 1982 by two women committed to creating an education environment that meets the needs of today's families, Beacon's educational program serves students from Early Childhood through eighth grade.
- The mission of Beacon Day School is to create passionate learners for life, with the skills, courage, competence and commitment to achieve whatever they need to accomplish, now and in the future.
- We are committed to providing the highest quality developmentally-responsive private school education for children and young adolescents that promotes the growth of all students, and inspires, challenges and nurtures the achiever.
- We do this through an environment that supports a strong academically based arts-integrated curriculum, within a truly diverse community that enhances self-esteem and the development of leadership skills.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Grades: K-5 | 109 students
40 Dulwich Rd
Oakland, CA 94618
(510)428-2606 4.1 K-5
- Oakland Grades: K-12 | 876 students
4315 Lincoln Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
(510)531-1300 2.7 K-12
- Oakland Grades: K-8 | 418 students
3245 Sheffield Avenue
Oakland, CA 94602
(510)534-0800 1.6 K-8
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.