Beacon Day School
- Beacon is a private, non-profit, non-sectarian, independent day school, dedicated to educating the whole child through a developmentally responsive, arts enriched curriculum.
- Founded in 1982 by two women committed to creating an education environment that meets the needs of today's families, Beacon's educational program serves students from Early Childhood through eighth grade.
- The mission of Beacon Day School is to create passionate learners for life, with the skills, courage, competence and commitment to achieve whatever they need to accomplish, now and in the future.
- We are committed to providing the highest quality developmentally-responsive private school education for children and young adolescents that promotes the growth of all students, and inspires, challenges and nurtures the achiever.
- We do this through an environment that supports a strong academically based arts-integrated curriculum, within a truly diverse community that enhances self-esteem and the development of leadership skills.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||197 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- OaklandGrades: K-5 | 109 students
40 Dulwich Rd
Oakland, CA 94618
- OaklandGrades: K-12 | 871 students
4315 Lincoln Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
- OaklandGrades: K-8 | 410 students
3245 Sheffield Avenue
Oakland, CA 94602
- OaklandGrades: K-8 | 314 students
360 42nd St
Oakland, CA 94609
- OaklandGrades: NS-5 | 132 students
5000 Macarthur Blvd
Oakland, CA 94613
October 19, 2017
Choosing the right school for your child is a major project. We look a five reasons why you might be looking at the wrong schools.
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.