Santa Cruz Waldorf School
- The Waldorf curriculum forms an ideal framework for social and intellectual growth.
- Our school culture values social and environmental responsibility, reflecting the progressive and culturally diverse town of Santa Cruz.
- Children do meaningful work indoors as well as outdoors in the yard and garden.
- Children are taught to work for the love of work itself and for others, to enjoy the strength of their bodies and their connection to the earth and to one another.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||159 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- A Waldorf education is guided by the tenet that a teacher`s most important goal is to support the development of a child`s unique individual capacities. By paying close attention to the developmental needs of children at each age, a Waldorf education seeks to nurture the gifts that each child brings to the world.A unique aspect of a Waldorf grade school is the class teacher. The class teacher ideally remains with his or her students from first through eighth grade. This system allows the teacher to grow along with the students and facilitates a strong bond of trust between students, parents and teacher.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Cruz Grades: K-8 | 243 students
126 Eucalyptus Ave
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
(831)423-0341 6.1 K-8
- Aptos Grades: K-6 | 58 students
2288 Trout Gulch Rd
Aptos, CA 95003
(831)688-1074 11.7 K-6
- Aptos Grades: PK-9 | 283 students
6230 Soquel Dr
Aptos, CA 95003
(831)476-1646 9.2 PK-9
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.