School Of Little Scholars
- School of Little Scholars' private preschool and kindergarten programs promote each child's social, emotional, cognitive, and academic development in positive ways designed to further curiosity and creativity.
- Each classroom environment creatively respects the developmental needs of each student.
- School of Little Scholars will not compromise its mission of nurturing the positive growth and development of children.
- The security and safety of Serendipity students are paramount. The students' happiness and personal growth are the products of the caring and loving staff and the positive physical environment of the school.
- The success of School of Little Scholars will be measured by witnessing our students who not only find happiness and joy in our educational setting but who learn with incredible proficiency.
- Our curriculum encompasses each child's participation, interest, enthusiasm, and ideas.
- Children at School of Little Scholars may express their ideas and follow their dreams without subjective or artificial restrictions.
- Our loving, well-educated, and experienced staff respect, encourage, and guide Serendipity students while respecting individual temperaments, talents, and abilities.
- Little Scholars children learn through positive, cognitive activities directed by talented, caring teachers.
- They sense that School of Little Scholars is a "home-away-from-home" school where they will receive a wonderful education in a nurturing, positive environment.
- All aspects of teaching take place in relaxed, nurturing atmospheres.
- Self-esteem takes precedence. Little Scholars students are encouraged to learn to make their own decisions and to solve problems.
- Our ultimate objective envisions the long-term personal and educational growth of our students that will bolster their personal and professional success and happiness.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||42 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||42:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$480|
|Tuition Notes||$480.00 Full Time Program 9-3 M-F $120.00 Extended Day Care 6:30-9, 3-6|
|Admissions Director||Ida Tillmann|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Kid Fit, Spanish Class, Warrior Tots|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Class, Piano Class
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Duarte Grades: NS-K | 50 students
819 Buena Vista St
Duarte, CA 91010
(626)359-9592 0.1 NS-K
- Monrovia Grades: K-8 | 157 students
726 S Shamrock Ave
Monrovia, CA 91016
(626)358-5129 0.8 K-8
- Duarte Grades: NS-8 | 127 students
822 Bradbourne Ave
Duarte, CA 91010
(626)301-9809 1 NS-8
- Monrovia Grades: K-5 | 39 students
429 Wildrose Ave
Monrovia, CA 91016 1.2 K-5
- Monrovia Grades: K | 4 students
240 E Foothill Blvd
Monrovia, CA 91016
(626)358-9147 1.3 K
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.