School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Academics and Faculty
Finances and Admission
- Program Offerings
- Children's Multi-Arts Camps (Ages 4-9)
- Combining creativity with fun, SAIC's summer camps offer exciting projects and include daily visits to the Art Institute of Chicago museum. Kids learn to discover, explore, and imagine in their own unique ways, experimenting with a variety of art materials and methods that encourage the development of creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Family Programs (Ages 4+ with Adult)
- Family Programs at SAIC are truly a unique experience. Combining visits to the renowned Art Institute of Chicago museum with exciting studio-based explorations, camp instructors guide all participants through each step of the creative process, using materials such as paint, collage, clay, pastels, or charcoal as a team and side-by-side. Regardless of age, these experiences build curiosity and self-confidence for all participants through creative problem solving, firsthand exposure to the unmatched collections at the museum, and material investigation.
- Middle School Programs (Ages 10-13)
- Our courses for middle schoolers are designed to allow students to focus on their interests, learn new skills, and bring their ideas to life. We offer course subjects and resources not available to young creators anywhere else in the world!
- Early College Program (Ages 14-18)
- Push your ideas, visions, and skillsets to new heights! Join students from around the country and right here in Chicago for courses taught by our renowned faculty. Experience dynamic virtual demos, engage with peers during group work, critiques, and activities, and receive a blend of time for independent exploration and making and time to check-in with faculty.
- Early College Program Online Summer Institute (Ages 15-18, Earn College Credit)
- You`ll join peers online from around the globe to create portfolio-quality work, deepen your understanding of contemporary art making, and earn college credit. Experience dynamic virtual demos, engage in group critiques, and receive the ideal blend of one-on-one meeting time with faculty and independent exploration.
- Adult Continuing Education Courses and Certificates (Ages 18+)
- Engage in material exploration and learn new skills or refresh existing ones. As a member of our community, one defined by practice and inquiry, you will cultivate creative confidence, learning with and from your instructors and peers as you produce work based on your personal research and interests.
Endorse School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards