Seton Catholic Central
- Seton Catholic Central School acknowledges the God-given dignity of each person and its mission of Catholic Christian education.
- Catholic Christian values are upheld and taught within the curriculum and permeate the school environment so that each student may grow and become mature and altruistic members of the world community.
- This requires the education of the whole person, spiritually, physically, academically, and aesthetically.
- It requires the development of knowledge, personal responsibility, and the discipline necessary for living out the true freedom characteristic of America.
- Our aim is to develop a generous and loving concern for all people, with deep respect for God-given individual differences; to instill in our students the desire for continuous learning, self-improvement, and self-respect in order to meet the challenges of life; to inspire the student to make a life-long commitment to Gospel values, social justice, non-violence, and peace in our world today.
- We encourage our students to be God-centered, strong, upright, wise and articulate men and women who take their rightful place in the Church and in the world.
- Seton Catholic is where academic excellence and Christian values meet.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||154 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American History, Biology, Calculus, Computer Applications - College Advanced Placement, English, Psychology - College Advanced Placement|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lynn Gilbert|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Campus Ministry, Future Business Leaders of America, Key Club|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albany Grades: 9-12 | 141 students
99 Slingerland Street
Albany, NY 12202
(518)463-2247 141 9-12
- Brockport Grades: PK-12 | 78 students
60 Holley St
Brockport, NY 14420
(585)637-4540 244.8 PK-12
- Bronx Grades: NS-12 | 217 students
1497 Needham Ave
Bronx, NY 10469
(718)519-8884 262.6 NS-12
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.