Shady Oak Primary School
Tel: (281) 344-1291
Shady Oak Primary School is designed to meet the specific needs of the developing child.
Each time a child makes a new discovery, he grows not only in skills but in self-esteem. This leads to self-discipline, self-liking, self-confidence, self-expression and self-reliance.
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-5|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Brandy Parratt|
- Each child is encouraged:
- To discover
- To develop a positive self-concept
- To explore freely
- To experiment and make choices
- To establish hand-eye coordination
- To play and work individually and in groups
- To set his own pace
- To develop needed and meaningful concepts, skills, and attitudes
- To have a variety of rich experiences
- To increase curiosity and eagerness to learn
- To read and listen to appropriate childrens literature
- To develop a sense of observation and imaginative thinking
- To develop excellent grade appropriate writing skills
- To continue physical growth through large muscle activities, movement, and drama
- To express themselves creatively through song, art, and drama
- To take increasing responsibility for their own actions and deal with the consequences
- To take ownership of their learning
- We believe in these principles of learning:
- 1.Children learn at different rates.
- 2.Children learn in different ways.
- 3.Children learn best when they are interested in what they are learning.
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to Shady Oak Primary School is Calvary Episcopal Preparatory (0.3 miles away)
The nearest elementary school and preschool is Shady Oak Christian School (0.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Richmond Grades: PK-1 | 89 students
503 Main Street
Richmond, TX 77469
(281) 232-2251 0.1 PK-1
- Richmond Grades: PK-K | 59 students
400 Jackson St
Richmond, TX 77469
(281) 342-7971 0.2 PK-K
- Rosenberg Grades: NS-PK
4305 Mustang Ave
Rosenberg, TX 77471
(281) 341-6447 1.8 NS-PK
- Richmond Grades: K-9 | 15 students
3019 River Forest Dr
Richmond, TX 77406
(281) 682-5834 2.4 K-9
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed schools profoundly. It has affected teaching and activities. We look at these changes and how they impact our lives.