Sheenway School & Culture Center
Sheenway School & Culture Center Photo #2 - Sheenway's entrepreneurial programs are designed to be hands-on. This approach gives our students experience with operating an actual business, allowing them to foster a deeper understanding of business development, math, improve interpersonal skills and develop self-confidence.
Sheenway School & Culture Center Photo #3 - Student mentors from USC speak to our students about future careers and higher education.
Sheenway School & Culture Center Photo #4 - As a Montessori based school, cross-curriculum teaching becomes an integral part learning. For example, teachers connect Social Studies, History and Arts through themes that deepen each students understanding.
Sheenway School & Culture Center Photo #5 - S.S.C.C. (Sheenway Serendipity Cricket Club)S.S.C.C, sanctioned by the California jr. Cricket Association, is included in our athletic program for developing good sportsmanship, fair conduct, and critical thinking skills. Local, national and international travel is associative.
Sheenway School & Culture Center Photo #6 - While learning American Sign Language our students also develop their eye-hand coordination, composure, and theatrical abilities.
- The Sheenway Experience has been enriching children of South Los Angeles and Watts since 1971, as well as in the Volta region of Ghana, West Africa, since 1995...demonstrating an unwavering commitment to provide children with a total education through unparalleled opportunities. Sheen Educational Foundation is a non-profit corporation never having received government funding, operating private schools in underserved communiites.
- Our students are the genesis and the critical elements for positive human development within the flame of knowledge, lighting the way across the globe in the name of dignity and for the rights to qualitative life and living.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-10|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||10 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Formal with tie/casual with t-shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$800|
|Tuition Notes||Full and Matching Scholarships are available .|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Boxing, Dance, Fencing, Gymnastics, Martial Arts, Paddle Tennis, TennisBallet, Boxing,|
Gymnastics, Martial Arts,
Paddle Tennis, Tennis,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Travel Club (TGIF - Traveling the Globe is Fun(damental)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- In the tradition of self-reliance and enchoric development, Sheen Educational Center, located on the city block that borders 101st Strteet, Broadway, 102nd Street and Olive Street, includes Alliance Burton Tech Charter School on our campus. Sheenway School and Culture Center creates a learning environment as an indigenous anchor of hope for striving and challenged students.
- "A child is a promise of immortality."
- Herbert A. Sheen, M. D.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: Inquire with school | 53 students
5300 Angeles Vista Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90043
(323)295-4555 5.1 Inquire with school
- Compton Grades: PK-8 | 45 students
1517 E Alondra Blvd
Compton, CA 90221
(310)763-7184 5.7 PK-8