Shelton KinderCare Photo #2 - Our school was created to promote age specific play areas. We offer natural elements of nature such as trees and grass for the children to run and explore in, a concrete surface for bike riding and chalk creations and even a padded surface for our younger children who may not be as "steady" on their feet. Children will enjoy exercising their bodies no matter their age in our play grounds. We have it all here!
Shelton KinderCare Photo #3 - In the Discovery Preschool classroom the children learned how to care for plants and flowers. They used their gross-motor skills and fine-motor skills to plant the seeds in the dirt, and water them.Then they used their imagination to "watch" the flowers grow! Look how fast they grew in 1 day with some soil, water, sun and lots of IMAGINATION!!!
Shelton KinderCare Photo #4 - Our classrooms have all the areas for learning in all developmental domains. The science and sensory table promotes children to investigate the environment and experiment with a variety of materials. The children explore cause and effect, observation skills, measurement skills and problem solving strategies while in these learning centers.
Shelton KinderCare Photo #5 - In our center the teachers and children will create new, eduacational and fun learning environments based on the curriculum they will be learning about. This is one example of how they transformed their dramatic play into a pumpkin patch, while exploring pumpkins gords and so much more.
Shelton KinderCare Photo #6 - In our classrooms we provide numerous materials to promote the development of all the children from 6 weeks old - 12 years old. This is a math mat from our preschool and prekindergarten classrooms. The child is doing an addition and subtraction activity. She is using counters and adding them together. This activity is helping her with number recognition, understanding quanties and the number it represents as well as practicing addition and subtration concepts.
Shelton KinderCare Photo #7 - The children were so excited to have a critter day! They learned all about animals, where they live and how to take care of them! One of the toddlers were so intrigued to see them!
Shelton KinderCare Photo #9 - While running and exercising outdoors, we offer various materials and opportunities for children to learn. This chld is practicing his fine motor skills, literacy and math skills with the use of chalk. Outdoor enhancement boxes are provided to promote learning outdoors. Some of the boxes include items for dance such as scarves and instruments. Creative expression with materials such as markers, paper, challk and even paint, and so much more. Our goal is to make every child have a passion for learning, especially through play.
The teachers and staff members at Shelton KinderCare are very passionate and nurturing towards the children in their care.
Most of our teachers have a Bachelor's Degree, Child Development Associate Credential or are pursuing a degree in Early Childhood Education.
Some of our teachers have been with our company for over ten years and our average staff tenure is five years.
Our team participates in continuing education through monthly staff meetings and company professional development trainings.
Our center strives from the amazing commitment and our teacher's outstanding personalities.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Our experts designed our classrooms '” and every activity and lesson '” to help prepare your child for success in school and beyond. With designated learning centers such as dramatic play and blocks in every classroom, children have the opportunity for rich social play and child-initiated discovery. You'll also find that our classrooms feature a print-rich environment full of carefully selected materials, written charts and labels, and children's literature. By helping your child connect spoken words and print, we're helping develop early literacy and writing skills. Whether your child has first words or first grade on the horizon, we're excited to show you how everything in our center is designed for learning!
- The health and safety of our children and staff are our main priority at KinderCare. Not only are all of our outside perimeter doors locked to ensure security, but all of our playgrounds are fenced with secure gates as well. In addition, the front door of the building has a coded entry where only authorized family members have a code to enter. Otherwise a doorbell is available to visitors who will be greeted by a center staff member. There is always a staff member certified in CPR, First Aid and Medication Administration onsite. A center manager conducts a playground and site inspection daily, to ensure that our learning center is ready for your child to participate in our program safety. Our Health and Safety Coordinator, Ms. Shannon, assists management in ensuring that all safety measures are maintained. We also have a facilities technician on call at all times.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: American_sign_langugage, French, Spanish
- Care For Kids
Endorse Shelton KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
5 Ways To Protect Your Child From Bullying
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
Questions! Questions! Questions!
If you are beginning to think about sending your child to private school, you probably have a lot of questions. Here are some answers to your more common questions.
May 25, 2022Marketing Your School: Welcoming New Students
Why is welcoming students so important? Because it makes new students and their families feel that they are part of the school community from Day 1. More about this valuable marketing tool here.