Sheppard Pratt School - Glyndon
Sheppard Pratt School - Glyndon Photo #3 - Student, part of The Falcon's Nest at The Forbush School at Glyndon.
The Forbush School at Glyndon is a nonpublic, twelve-month special education day school serving students ages two to 21 with primarily emotional and behavioral disabilities and autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
Part of the Sheppard Pratt Health System, the school has two campuses in Reisterstown, MD, divided by either age or disability. Each of the programs provides a supportive and structured environment integrating specialized academic instruction, counseling, transition services, and behavioral modification specific to each student population.
By establishing a comprehensive, integrated school and psychiatric treatment approach, we are able to offer students and families in the Greater Baltimore and Washington, D.C., metropolitan areas the ability to attend one consistent special education program.
Our programs include: Elementary and Middle School Program, High School Program, and Autism Program.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Students: 75 students
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Emotional and behavioral disabilities, autism spectrum disorder (ASD), among others
View the Sheppard Pratt School - Glyndon yearly calendar below.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 37%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
National avg.: 85%
- Our goal at The Forbush School at Glyndon is to provide therapeutic, co-educational programs and support services through a sequential curriculum of studies, utilizing the Baltimore County Public School Curriculum, the Maryland College and Career Readiness Standards, and the Syracuse Community-Referenced Curriculum Guide. The staff seeks to develop the potential of each student in the areas of cognitive, social, emotional and physical development, in an effort to return the student to a less restrictive environment in a public school or adult setting as quickly as possible.
- The Forbush School at Glyndon is approved by the Maryland State Department of Education as a The Forbush School at Glyndon is a Type I full-day Special Education and related services Kindergarten, Elementary School (Grades 1 through 8), Secondary School (Grades 9 through 12), and Nongraded (Ages 2 through 21) program for students with autism, emotional disability, multiple disabilities, other health impairment, and speech/language disability.
- Our locations:
- Glyndon Campus
- 407 Central Avenue
- Reisterstown, MD 21136
- Hannah More Campus
- 12039 Reisterstown Road
- Reisterstown, MD 21136
- Glyndon Campus
Great school. Dedicated staff and spacious, accommodating facilities. They endeavor to work with the families as well as the students in a meaningful, connected way to best facilitate the emotional, social, and educational growth of each student.
Great school about 17 years ago.
Endorse Sheppard Pratt School - Glyndon. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
5 Ways To Protect Your Child From Bullying
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
Questions! Questions! Questions!
If you are beginning to think about sending your child to private school, you probably have a lot of questions. Here are some answers to your more common questions.
May 25, 2022Marketing Your School: Welcoming New Students
Why is welcoming students so important? Because it makes new students and their families feel that they are part of the school community from Day 1. More about this valuable marketing tool here.