Sheppard Pratt School - Glyndon
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (410) 517-5400
Sheppard Pratt School - Glyndon Photo #3 - Student, part of The Falcon's Nest at The Forbush School at Glyndon.
The Forbush School at Glyndon is a nonpublic, twelve-month special education day school serving students ages two to 21 with primarily emotional and behavioral disabilities and autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
Part of the Sheppard Pratt Health System, the school has two campuses in Reisterstown, MD, divided by either age or disability. Each of the programs provides a supportive and structured environment integrating specialized academic instruction, counseling, transition services, and behavioral modification specific to each student population.
By establishing a comprehensive, integrated school and psychiatric treatment approach, we are able to offer students and families in the Greater Baltimore and Washington, D.C., metropolitan areas the ability to attend one consistent special education program.
Our programs include: Elementary and Middle School Program, High School Program, and Autism Program.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council of Bilingual Education|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Emotional and behavioral disabilities, autism spectrum disorder (ASD), among others|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
- Our goal at The Forbush School at Glyndon is to provide therapeutic, co-educational programs and support services through a sequential curriculum of studies, utilizing the Baltimore County Public School Curriculum, the Maryland College and Career Readiness Standards, and the Syracuse Community-Referenced Curriculum Guide. The staff seeks to develop the potential of each student in the areas of cognitive, social, emotional and physical development, in an effort to return the student to a less restrictive environment in a public school or adult setting as quickly as possible.
- The Forbush School at Glyndon is approved by the Maryland State Department of Education as a The Forbush School at Glyndon is a Type I full-day Special Education and related services Kindergarten, Elementary School (Grades 1 through 8), Secondary School (Grades 9 through 12), and Nongraded (Ages 2 through 21) program for students with autism, emotional disability, multiple disabilities, other health impairment, and speech/language disability.
- Our locations:
- Glyndon Campus
- 407 Central Avenue
- Reisterstown, MD 21136
- Hannah More Campus
- 12039 Reisterstown Road
- Reisterstown, MD 21136
- Glyndon Campus
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Owings Mills Grades: 3-12 | 145 students
11251 Dolfield Blvd
Owings Mills, MD 21117
(443) 394-3760 2.1 3-12
- Annapolis Grades: 3-12 | 322 students
1277 Green Holly Drive
Annapolis, MD 21409
(410) 974-4248 35.3 3-12
Great school. Dedicated staff and spacious, accommodating facilities. They endeavor to work with the families as well as the students in a meaningful, connected way to best facilitate the emotional, social, and educational growth of each student.
- Posted by Parent - sandy
Great school about 17 years ago.
- Posted by Parent - jenny
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.