Sioux Falls Lutheran School
- Top Ranked SD School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 405 students
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess Club, Drama Club, Math Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
All-State Band, All-State Choir, All-State Jazz Band, All-State Orchestra, Honor/Festival Bands, Honor/Festival Choirs, Jazz Band, Marching Band, Musical, One-Act
- Sioux Falls Lutheran School is committed to providing a high-quality learning environment where play-based academics and the love of Jesus Christ are intertwined in equipping children to be World Ready, Faith Secure. Since 1977, our early childhood educators have shepherded over 5,000 young minds to know Jesus and have laid foundational skills to help them excel academically. To best serve your family, we offer flexible scheduling options that allow you to choose how many days and which days of the week your child attends class. Before and after school care is also available. We are grateful and honored to be named a Local Best preschool in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, since 2008. Learn more: www.siouxfallslutheran.com/preschool-admissions.
- At Sioux Falls Lutheran School, our mission is to develop capable, Christian servant-leaders in a complex world who are World Ready and Faith Secure. We are passionate about giving our students the tools they need to be successful academically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually. We strive to accomplish this goal by maintaining high academic standards, employing excellent teachers, and upholding a Christian worldview drawn from Scripture. Ultimately, we are committed to partnering with parents and the church to raise lifelong learners who use their gifts and the fruits of the Spirit, in faith, to touch a troubled world with God's grace.
- As part of our Bible classes, we use resources from Peacemaker Ministries to teach our students Christ-centered conflict resolution skills. By following the Christ-centered four-step process, our students learn problem-solving skills that will serve them well throughout the course of their lives.
- Sioux Falls Lutheran School is accredited through the state of South Dakota and National Lutheran Schools Accreditation. In addition to core subjects and Bible classes, we incorporate art, music, physical education, and Spanish into our curriculum. Our distinctive music program includes classroom music, Suzuki-based violin instruction beginning in kindergarten, a variety of ensembles, and private music lessons available throughout the school day as a convenience for families who wish to enjoy uninterrupted family time in the evening. Learn more at www.siouxfallslutheran.com/music.
- Beginning in 5th grade, students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of athletics. We compete as a B class school at the high school level, and we compete locally and regionally in South Dakota, Minnesota, and Iowa at the elementary and middle school levels. Athletic offerings: www.siouxfallslutheran.com/athletics.
- In addition to athletics, student are blessed with a variety of other extracurricular opportunities including drama, student council, jazz band, marching band, math club, and more, that are designed to help develop soft skills, practice leadership, and strengthen friendships and faith. For a full list activities, visit www.siouxfallslutheran.com/fine-arts.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Sioux Falls Lutheran School offer?
Sioux Falls Lutheran School offers 8 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Track and Field, Volleyball and Weightlifting.
What is Sioux Falls Lutheran School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Sioux Falls Lutheran School?
The application deadline for Sioux Falls Lutheran School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Sioux Falls Lutheran School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards