Solo Quest Learning Center
- SoloQuest is an educational center serving the individual educational needs of students in grades 6 to 12 with tutoring services available to grades 1-12.
- SoloQuest provides an accredited private school for middle and high school students to learn through individualized and small group instruction, Academic support with one to one and small group tutoring plus homework assistance for students enrolled in any school, Educational Consultation, accessing educational resources and secondary/post-secondary education and career planning.
- Individualized instruction is the primary instructional strategy used at SoloQuest for students to learn the courses.
- A growing number of students in California are learning through this method as an alternative to classroom instruction.
- The personalization of a student's educational program, together with the one to one instruction with qualified teachers, are the key factors contributing to the academic success for so many students.
- It works well for many students because they can set their own pace and study schedules to match their optimal learning needs.
- SoloQuest actively seeks student participation in the learning process so even the less motivated student can develop the responsibility and enthusiasm for learning and can be successful.
- The SoloQuest philosophy is that all students can learn college and career preparatory courses if given the individual support and are allowed the time necessary for their personal learning needs.
- The staff at SoloQuest works to ensure that all students work to their potential and succeed. Curriculum is challenging and prepares students for their future.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADHD,Processing, Autism|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||10 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Deborah Stewart|
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.