Southington Catholic School
- St. Thomas School is a co-educational day school which serves students in grades Pre-K through six from Southington and its surrounding towns.
- The St. Thomas community includes priests, school board, administration, faculty, staff, students, parents, and volunteers.
- St. Thomas is able to provide a number of unique opportunities for the development of the total child due to the quality of its facilities.
- The St. Thomas community is committed to helping its students develop the competencies and values required for active participation in a Christian way of life.
- St. Thomas is dedicated to developing the child spiritually, academically, socially, and emotionally.
- The mission of St. Thomas School is to provide an instructional program which gives all students an opportunity to achieve their maximum potential by recognizing individual differences in students, while reinforcing each student's positive self-image.
- St. Thomas School strives to develop the social and emotional potential of each student by imparting to each child the self-worth and dignity of every member of God's family.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Southington Grades: K-12 | 125 students
1505 West St
Southington, CT 06489
(860)621-6701 2.6 K-12
- Southington Grades: K-6 | 171 students
1050 Flanders Rd
Southington, CT 06489
(860)628-4678 3.2 K-6
- Cheshire Grades: PK-8 | 420 students
171 Main Street
Cheshire, CT 06410
(203)272-5860 6.5 PK-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.