St Agnes Academic School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- St. Agnes Academic High School is a culturally diverse Catholic High School for young women, founded by the Sisters of St. Dominic, that develops a strong foundation for lifelong learning.
- By building upon each student's faith and challenging her full academic potential, our mission is to graduate women who are open to growth, intellectually competent, socially aware, morally discerning, and committed to being women of integrity and truth.
- As the Christian community of St. Agnes Academic High School, we are called to know and to love God, and thus to know, love and accept ourselves.
- By embracing the richness of our cultural diversity, we acknowledge and foster the God-given worth of each individual, encouraging respect for oneself and for others.
- In our concern for others, we look to Jesus Christ who calls us to a life of service.
- Guided by the Gospel values, we encourage our young women to become women of integrity and truth who are open to growth.
- We nurture the intellectual competence of our young women so that they will be able to make sound moral decisions that will positively impact society.
- With the help of the Holy Spirit who empowers us to appreciate and accept the uniqueness of others, we exist to educate the whole human being and to help the student develop spiritually, academically, socially and emotionally.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||291 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Fresh MeadowsGrades: 9-12 | 2600 students
6100 Francis Lewis Blvd
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
JamaicaGrades: 9-12 | 947 students
17621 Wexford Ter
Jamaica, NY 11432
1725 Castle Hill Avenue
Bronx, NY 10462
JamaicaGrades: 9-12 | 1529 students
8353 Manton St
Jamaica, NY 11435
FlushingGrades: PK-8 | 136 students
13030 31st Ave Ste 724 2nd Floor
Flushing, NY 11354
My daughter applied for several public high schools and was not accepted in the first round. After seeing what was left we deceided to check out St. Agnes. My wife and I were very impressed with the school as well as the student to teacher ratio. We met with Assistant Principal Mrs. Nicoletti and Principal Sr. Joan. Both were very pleasent to deal with. The school was also very clean. You could eat off the floors. It reminded me of what a Catholic school was when I went to St Leo's in the 80"s. I am looking forward to the next four years of my daughters life at St Agnes and watching her grow into a young woman.
- Posted by Parent - geomi
The education I received from St. Agnes played a major role in my success as an adult in the business world, as well as my interpersonal relationships. I highly recommend this school to anyone who wants to ensure that their daughter becomes a well rounded, educated and spiritial person that will acheive whatever goal is aimed for.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - MFrit
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?