St. Raymond Academy For Girls
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (718) 824-4220
- St. Raymond Academy, founded in 1960, is a small Catholic High School for young women.
- It offers a strong college preparatory program along with business electives.
- The Academy is committed to guiding students to an appreciation of learning that will enable them not only to realize their God-given potential, but also prepare them to make their unique contribution to society. Accredited by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York, and also by Middle States.
- We value an education that fosters the pursuit of truth and broadens our students' horizons. We encourage them to accept and respect the diversities among peoples, to live in harmony with others, and to seek peaceful resolutions to conflicts.
- We strive to foster in our students a pride in their womanhood, and seek to provide them with the tools necessary to develop into capable, self-confident adults.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||330 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP ENGLISH LITERATURE & COMPOSITION, AP SPANISH LANGUAGE, AP SPANISH LITERATURE, AP US HISTORY|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Students must adhere to dress code as per student handbook)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,900|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lisa Schaller|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Drill Team, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Dance, Drill Team,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Fashion Design, Step Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Book Club, College and Career Day, College Mentoring, Girl Power, International Day, Leadership Team, Life Teen, Liturgical Choir, Liturgical Chor, National Honor Society, Project Cicero Book Drive, Prom Committee, Sacrament Preparation, School Band, Student Council, Yearbook Committee
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: 9-12 | 482 students
2780 Schurz Ave
Bronx, NY 10465
(718) 863-9134 2.5 9-12
- Bronx Grades: 9-12 | 469 students
2250 Williamsbridge Rd
Bronx, NY 10469
(718) 882-2882 1.3 9-12
- Bronx Grades: 9-12 | 325 students
330 Bedford Park Blvd
Bronx, NY 10458
(718) 364-5353 2.6 9-12
- Bronx Grades: 9-12 | 285 students
685 E 182nd St
Bronx, NY 10457
(718) 367-2113 1.9 9-12
Saint Raymond Academy is a great school! My daughter graduated from there a few years ago and I can't say enough about this school. The teachers are very concerned and the atmosphere is family- like. All students are college ready by graduation and many go to top colleges.
- Posted by Parent - Proud parent
St. Raymond Academy is an excellent all girls Catholic HS. It's one of the best in the Bronx. The students are friendly and nice with each other. The teachers are amazing and the leadership is excellent. You won't regret having your daughter attend this school!
- Posted by Parent - Jeanne G.
I really want to go to this school but I don't have enough money
- Posted by Student/Alumni - chich
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.