St. Raymond Academy For Girls
5.00 (3 reviews)
- St. Raymond Academy, founded in 1960, is a small Catholic High School for young women.
- It offers a strong college preparatory program along with business electives.
- The Academy is committed to guiding students to an appreciation of learning that will enable them not only to realize their God-given potential, but also prepare them to make their unique contribution to society. Accredited by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York, and also by Middle States.
- We value an education that fosters the pursuit of truth and broadens our students' horizons. We encourage them to accept and respect the diversities among peoples, to live in harmony with others, and to seek peaceful resolutions to conflicts.
- We strive to foster in our students a pride in their womanhood, and seek to provide them with the tools necessary to develop into capable, self-confident adults.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP ENGLISH LITERATURE & COMPOSITION, AP SPANISH LANGUAGE, AP SPANISH LITERATURE, AP US HISTORY,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Students must adhere to dress code as per student handbook)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,900|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lisa Schaller|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Drill Team, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Dance, Drill Team,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Book Club, Book Club, College and Career Day, College Mentoring, Fashion Design, Girl Power, International Day, Leadership Team, Life Teen, Liturgical Choir, Liturgical Chor, National Honor Society, Project Cicero Book Drive, Prom Committee, Sacrament Preparation, School Band, Step Team, Step Team, Student Council, Yearbook Committee Book Club, Book Club, Fashion Design, Girl Power, Life Teen, Prom Committee, School Band, Step Team, Step Team, College and Career Day,|
National Honor Society,
Project Cicero Book Drive,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BronxGrades: 9-12 | 488 students
2780 Schurz Ave
Bronx, NY 10465
- BronxGrades: 9-12 | 696 students
2250 Williamsbridge Rd
Bronx, NY 10469
- BronxGrades: 9-12 | 362 students
330 Bedford Park Blvd
Bronx, NY 10458
- BronxGrades: 9-12 | 613 students
685 E 182nd St
Bronx, NY 10457
- BronxGrades: 9-12 | 1452 students
1 Cardinal Spellman Place
Bronx, NY 10466
Saint Raymond Academy is a great school! My daughter graduated from there a few years ago and I can't say enough about this school. The teachers are very concerned and the atmosphere is family- like. All students are college ready by graduation and many go to top colleges.
- Posted by Parent - Proud parent
St. Raymond Academy is an excellent all girls Catholic HS. It's one of the best in the Bronx. The students are friendly and nice with each other. The teachers are amazing and the leadership is excellent. You won't regret having your daughter attend this school!
- Posted by Parent - Jeanne G.
I really want to go to this school but I don't have enough money
- Posted by Student/Alumni - chich
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.