Preston High School
- Preston High School is a private college-preparatory school for young women, established in 1947 by the Sisters of the Divine Compassion.
- Located in the Throgs Neck section of the Bronx, and situated on the banks of the East River, the natural environment provides a unique setting for study and recreation.
- Preston seeks to promote the integration of formal learning, real world experience, and social responsibility with Christian faith and practice.
- School-wide goals are aimed at fostering the intellectual life, cultivating a confident posture in personal and interactive pursuits, and facilitating the maturation of distinct gifts and talents.
- As these are addressed within a strong community context, they simultaneously foster a social consciousness and responsibility, and a positive interpersonal dynamic.
- Holistic development which addresses the intellectual, spiritual, emotional and physical dimensions of life is the theme that integrates academic and co-curricular programs and encourages a liberation of mind and spirit that enables lifelong learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||482 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP English Literature and Composition, AP European History, AP Language Composition, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Studio Art, AP U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1105|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,900|
|Tuition Notes||General fee $970|
|Admissions Director||Cristina Fragale|
|Admissions Associate||Karen Wszolek|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Compassion Connection, Cooking Club, Cultural Clubs, Gardening Club, Honors Society, Interest Clubs, Service Clubs, Student Council, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Choir, Dance Team, STEP team, Theater Production
- Preston requires that all students submit an application with essay in addition to the TACHS exam.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: 9-12 | 469 students
2250 Williamsbridge Rd
Bronx, NY 10469
(718)882-2882 3.7 9-12
- Bronx Grades: 9-12 | 285 students
685 E 182nd St
Bronx, NY 10457
(718)367-2113 4.4 9-12
- Bronx Grades: 9-12 | 325 students
330 Bedford Park Blvd
Bronx, NY 10458
(718)364-5353 5.2 9-12
Use this five-point checklist to keep your search for private schools organized.
Choosing the right private school for your child involves comparing schools as opposed to ranking them.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.