Preston High School
- Preston High School is a private college-preparatory school for young women, established in 1947 by the Sisters of the Divine Compassion.
- Located in the Throgs Neck section of the Bronx, and situated on the banks of the East River, the natural environment provides a unique setting for study and recreation.
- Preston seeks to promote the integration of formal learning, real world experience, and social responsibility with Christian faith and practice.
- School-wide goals are aimed at fostering the intellectual life, cultivating a confident posture in personal and interactive pursuits, and facilitating the maturation of distinct gifts and talents.
- As these are addressed within a strong community context, they simultaneously foster a social consciousness and responsibility, and a positive interpersonal dynamic.
- Holistic development which addresses the intellectual, spiritual, emotional and physical dimensions of life is the theme that integrates academic and co-curricular programs and encourages a liberation of mind and spirit that enables lifelong learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||496 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,900|
|Tuition Notes||General fee $970|
|Admissions Director||Cristina Fragale|
|Admissions Associate||Karen Guzman|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Choir, Compassion Connection, Cooking Club, Cultural Clubs, Dance Team, Gardening Club, Honors Society, Interest Clubs, STEP team, Service Clubs, Student Council, Theater Production, Yearbook Club Art Club, Choir, Cooking Club, Cultural Clubs, Dance Team, Gardening Club, Honors Society, Interest Clubs, STEP team, Service Clubs, Yearbook Club, Compassion Connection,
- Preston requires that all students submit an application with essay in addition to the TACHS exam.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
1725 Castle Hill Avenue
Bronx, NY 10462
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 613 students
685 E 182nd St
Bronx, NY 10457
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 696 students
2250 Williamsbridge Rd
Bronx, NY 10469
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 1452 students
1 Cardinal Spellman Place
Bronx, NY 10466
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 362 students
330 Bedford Park Blvd
Bronx, NY 10458