- The Sisters of Mercy, religious of other communities and lay faculty strive to serve as co-educators with parents, to provide quality education to young women enabling them to grow intellectually, spiritually, artistically, morally, physically, emotionally and socially.
- This is done by offering an academic program that respects the diversity of the student body as a whole, while giving attention to the uniqueness of each individual student.
- The aim is to prepare these students for ongoing learning and self improvement in order to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
- "We strive to witness Mercy when we respect the dignity of each individual, create a spirit of hospitality and pursue integrity of word and deed in our lives." Constitution: Sisters of Mercy.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||696 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
1725 Castle Hill Avenue
Bronx, NY 10462
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 613 students
685 E 182nd St
Bronx, NY 10457
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 496 students
2780 Schurz Ave
Bronx, NY 10465
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 1452 students
1 Cardinal Spellman Place
Bronx, NY 10466
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 362 students
330 Bedford Park Blvd
Bronx, NY 10458
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.