St Catharine Academy
- The Sisters of Mercy, religious of other communities and lay faculty strive to serve as co-educators with parents, to provide quality education to young women enabling them to grow intellectually, spiritually, artistically, morally, physically, emotionally and socially.
- This is done by offering an academic program that respects the diversity of the student body as a whole, while giving attention to the uniqueness of each individual student.
- The aim is to prepare these students for ongoing learning and self improvement in order to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
- "We strive to witness Mercy when we respect the dignity of each individual, create a spirit of hospitality and pursue integrity of word and deed in our lives." Constitution: Sisters of Mercy.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||696 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BronxGrades: 9-12
1725 Castle Hill Avenue
Bronx, NY 10462
- BronxGrades: 9-12 | 488 students
2780 Schurz Ave
Bronx, NY 10465
- BronxGrades: 9-12 | 613 students
685 E 182nd St
Bronx, NY 10457
- BronxGrades: 9-12 | 1452 students
1 Cardinal Spellman Place
Bronx, NY 10466
- BronxGrades: 9-12 | 362 students
330 Bedford Park Blvd
Bronx, NY 10458
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.