St Catharine Academy
Tel: (718) 882-2882
- The Sisters of Mercy, religious of other communities and lay faculty strive to serve as co-educators with parents, to provide quality education to young women enabling them to grow intellectually, spiritually, artistically, morally, physically, emotionally and socially.
- This is done by offering an academic program that respects the diversity of the student body as a whole, while giving attention to the uniqueness of each individual student.
- The aim is to prepare these students for ongoing learning and self improvement in order to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
- "We strive to witness Mercy when we respect the dignity of each individual, create a spirit of hospitality and pursue integrity of word and deed in our lives." Constitution: Sisters of Mercy.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||469 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: 9-12 | 482 students
2780 Schurz Ave
Bronx, NY 10465
(718) 863-9134 3.7 9-12
- Bronx Grades: 9-12 | 285 students
685 E 182nd St
Bronx, NY 10457
(718) 367-2113 1.7 9-12
- Bronx Grades: 9-12 | 325 students
330 Bedford Park Blvd
Bronx, NY 10458
(718) 364-5353 1.7 9-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.