St. Lucy's School
- St. Lucy's School will strive to foster a Christian community in which each child is viewed as an individual with unique talents and needs.
- The school will create an environment in which each child is nurtured and encouraged to grow intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, socially and physically.
- The school recognizes the child's parents as the primary educators of their child.
- It therefore encourages the parents' positive active support in their children's education.
- St. Lucy's School also strives to develop each child's relationship with Christ by allowing the child to participate in daily prayer, liturgical prayer and opportunities for individual worship.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||resource room|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||557 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||35 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 591 students
1500 Arnow Avenue
Bronx, NY 10469
(718) 652-1830 1.1 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 525 students
2872 Saint Theresa Ave
Bronx, NY 10461
(718) 792-3688 1.8 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 229 students
3893 Dyre Ave
Bronx, NY 10466
(718) 324-2188 2.4 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: NS-12 | 217 students
1497 Needham Ave
Bronx, NY 10469
(718) 519-8884 1.4 NS-12
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.