Holy Rosary School
- Holy Rosary Catholic School was originally commissioned by the Sisters of the Immaculate Conception in 1963.
- The school provides academic excellence and a moral foundation which instills a passion to model lives after Jesus Christ.
- The school is owned by Our Lady of the Rosary Parish and serves children from Pre K through eighth grade from Our Lady of the Rosary Parish, its sister parishes of Sacred Heart, St. Joseph, Our Lady of Prompt Succor, Our Lady of the Isle and anyone who accepts its philosophy and mission.
- The school ministers to each student's uniqueness through structured devotion, expanded curriculum, and offers students the opportunity to reach their potential in a safe Christian environment.
- Holy Rosary Catholic School is an uplifting spiritual force in the lives of its students, families, and communities.
- We believe that the purpose of Holy Rosary Catholic School is to spread the Good News of our salvation through Jesus Christ as we nurture the child to his/her fullest potential.
- Each individual child's needs, ideals, and goals are recognized. Holy Rosary Catholic School guides and encourages each child to grow as Christ grew so he/she may function and serve his/her community as a Christian and as an effective, well-educated citizen.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||591 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 443 students
830 Mace Ave
Bronx, NY 10467
(718)882-2203 1.1 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: NS-12 | 217 students
1497 Needham Ave
Bronx, NY 10469
(718)519-8884 0.9 NS-12
- Bronx Grades: PK-12 | 1151 students
5250 Fieldston Road
Bronx, NY 10471
(718)549-8810 3.8 PK-12
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?