Little Stars School Inc
- At Little Stars, it is our belief that the foundation for a successful Early Childhood Education is the fostering of a positive self-image. In this regard, our program is based on the understanding that each child’s development is an individual process. We strive to meet the individual needs of the whole child through social, emotional, cognitive and physical development. Little Stars is dedicated to providing a safe and joyful beginning for all of our children.We are a NAEYC accredited school since 2005 and offer FREE Universal Pre-K for all children who turn 4 before December 31st.
- Each classroom provides an environment where children are free to interact, inquire and extend their understanding through hands-on experiences. In this way, children are encouraged to grow in an atmosphere that is nurturing, accepting of individual differences and developmentally appropriate.
- Our philosophy regards the years of early childhood as being of crucial importance for the development of full adult potential in the areas of personality, emotional stability and intellectual growth. Every opportunity is provided for the individual child to flourish and grow in the healthiest possible environment. Our program is designed to provide intellectual stimulation and also practices and teaches human values and healthy attitudes.
- We, as educators, are receptive to change and are responsive to new theories in Early Childhood Education. Our school makes a great effort to teach children to learn how to work and play both independently and cooperatively, live effectively with other children, develop self-identity, value the rights of others and to take turns and share.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||104 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$185|
|Tuition Notes||Weekly cost includes snacks, lunch and school bus transportation to and from home.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Christine DeGennaro|
- SUMMER CAMP
- Summer camp is from July to the end of August each year. Choice of 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 weeks.
- Fun activities include outdoor/indoor activities, weekly trips, arts & crafts and water play.
- Activities inlcude, Magic show, Miniture Golf, Build-A-Bear Workshop, Sports USA, Bumper Bowling, Treasure Hunt, Barbeques, Field Day, Talent Show, Movies, Kid-O-Robics and more...
- Snacks, lunch, and school bus transportation and trips are included in the monthly fee.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 233 students
3893 Dyre Ave
Bronx, NY 10466
(718)324-2188 0.7 PK-8
- Mount Vernon Grades: NS-4 | 137 students
70 West Broad Street
Mount Vernon, NY 10552
(914)667-3478 2.4 NS-4
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.