Bronxville Montessori School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (914) 793-2083
- The Bronxville Montessori School was established to be a developmentally appropriate oasis of learning for young children.
- We provide a stimulating, well-designed, multi-cultural setting which helps each child mature into a well-balanced, independent student.
- We expect each child to move into 1st grade with self-control, a respect for all living things and the self-confidence to succeed.
- We will nurture each child's curiosity, and uniqueness and do everything we can to maximize each student's abilities and talents.
- The Montessori philosophy, which we utilize, guides children to celebrate diversity and develop generosity of spirit.
- Each student leaves us with the ability to make good choices and a strong sense of self-worth.
- Parents are our partners on this challenging but rewarding quest and are essential in achieving these goals.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Jean Nelson|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Scarsdale Grades: PK-K | 230 students
27 Crane Road
Scarsdale, NY 10583
(914) 472-4404 3.8 PK-K
- Dobbs Ferry Grades: PK-K | 164 students
Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522
(914) 693-4443 5.3 PK-K
- New Rochelle Grades: PK-8 | 192 students
340 Quaker Ridge Rd
New Rochelle, NY 10804
(914) 636-6202 3.2 PK-8
My daughter attended BMS for three years. She had a great experience. Her teachers were sweet, supportive, and always available. I don't typically write reviews, so I am unsure if you are allowed to state names or not, but we had great experiences with all of our teachers (Ms. A and Ms. Z from the last two years, and Ms. A and Ms. N from her first year). We are grateful for all they have done for her. Her social emotional skills have improved dramatically. Thank you BMS!
- Posted by Parent - CP
My family loved BMS. Our daughter spent three wonderful years there. Our daughter is entering kindergarten confident, happy, excited to learn. We especially love Ms. Aneela, Ms. Zahra, Ms. A and Ms. Nadya. Great staff!!!
- Posted by Parent - Parent
My first positive experience with Bronxville Montesorri was 8 years ago when my son attended. His teachers were so warm and nurturing that he never once gave me a hard time about going to school. Ms. Zahra treated my son like he was her own, and I felt secure that he would be safe throughout the day. Years later I returned with my daughter to find that most of the staff had remained. My daughter has been fortunate to be with Ms. Lena for the last two years. I can not say enough about this wonderful woman. She is the most loving, warm, caring teacher I have ever encountered. She handles my daughter so well, and my daughter has grown to love her immensely. While with Ms. Lena my daughter has learned how to share, socialize with other children, and so much academically. The other day she told me all about the human body and I was very impressed. Choosing a preschool can be difficult as we are entrusting strangers with our most loved, innocent little ones, but I have been extremely please dwith these two amazing teachers.
- Posted by Parent - j146d
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.