Immaculate Heart Of Mary School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (914) 723-5608
IHM is a Catholic, co-ed, grades Pre-K 3 to 8 Central Westchester Archdiocese NY school that fosters both the Catholic and intellectual mind of our students.
Immaculate Heart Of Mary School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2004|
|Total Students||227 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,085|
|Tuition Notes||posted on website|
|Admissions Director||Margeret Guarneri|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Indoor Soccer, Softball, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,|
Indoor Soccer, Softball,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Circuits, Cooking Club, Drama Club/Production, Fashion Club, MOEMS-Math Olympiad, Robotics Club
- Immaculate Heart of Mary, a parish based school, is dedicated to fostering both the Catholic and intellectual mind of our students. The experienced faculty and staff offer a rigorous curriculum in a safe environment. Incorporating Religion into daily lessons, we are most proud of our values infused approached ensuring all students are role models in their community.
- School At-a-Glance
- Named National Blue Ribbon School in 2004
- * Grades PreK to 8.
- * Full and Half-day PreK programs for 3 and 4 year olds
- * Before and after-school programs.
- * Religious instruction, Sacramental preparation.
- * Enriched Math program
- * Chromebooks and iPads for student use
- * Fully- equipped Science lab.
- * Enrichment instruction includes:Physical Education, Music, Art, foreign language, Library and Media
- * Smartboard Touch Interactive Screens in every classroom
- * Blended Learning use of platforms such as iXL, NewsELA, Brainpop, DiscoveryED,SeeSaw
- * Philanthropic Community Service Programs
- *Advanced Math Program in Middle School
- * Departmental for Grades 6-8.
- * Fully-equipped computer lab
- * Library with fully computerized catalogue of 8,000 titles
- *Extra-curricular activities include: Band, Yearbook, Community Service projects, Robotics, Fashion, Cooking, MOEMS Math Olympiad.
- * CYO Sports Programs include Basketball, Softball and Soccer
- * Intramural sports include Volleyball and Lacrosse
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronxville Grades: K-8 | 223 students
30 Meadow Avenue
Bronxville, NY 10708
(914) 337-0261 3.4 K-8
- Hartsdale Grades: PK-8 | 227 students
59 Wilson St
Hartsdale, NY 10530
(914) 946-7242 2.7 PK-8
This school is great and I have only been here for two years! These were the best days of my life! Our principal Mrs.Gatti is the best principal ever and she was my biggest inspiration to move on and to work harder to making this school number one! As a student I am in 5th grade and my name is Brandon Molina. A teacher named Mrs. Bast one was the best in my opinion
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Brand
Wonderful school! After so many years in a different private school, we made a change last Spetember and our child is happy, thriving and getting a great education. Discipline is good, children respectful, boys look like boys and clean. Lunch time and gym fantastic. My child likes every single teacher! Feels safe and appreciated. Everyone is treated equally. Regret not knowing about this school sooner.
- Posted by Parent - cglug
Immaculate Heart of Mary School is a nationally recognized Blue Ribbon School. IHM offers a quality Catholic education for children in Pre-K 3 through 8th Grade. In addition to the New York State Common Core Curriculum, students in IHM take Spanish, Art, Music and Physical Education classes. The building houses an updated Computer Lab, Science Lab and Library. Advanced Math courses are offered in the upper grades.
- Posted by Administrator - w534
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.