Villa Maria Academy
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked NY School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 290 students
- Yearly Tuition: $8,500
- Acceptance rate: 75%
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Villa Maria Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess Club, Math League, National Junior Honor Society, STEM Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Club, Piano Lessons
- The curriculum of the Villa Maria Academy meets the standards of the Common Core, New York State Education Department and the Office of the Superintendent of Schools for the Archdiocese of New York. Villa Maria Academy is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.Villa Maria Academy has established a reputation for academic excellence reaching back over a century. Impressive alumni achievements affirm the school's stellar reputation. The Villa boasts standardized test scores that consistently exceed national and local averages of public and parochial schools.The Villa Maria Academy employs a classical pedagogy focused on mastery of the fundamentals. A strong foundation equips students to expand beyond the basics and delve deeper into more challenging levels and diverse subject matter. Close teacher accompaniment assured by small class sizes enables individualized attention.
- The Villa Maria Academy campus is outstanding in its features and physical location. Nestled on 8 acres overlooking the picturesque Eastchester Bay, the campus comprises 3 buildings. The lower grades study in the original building with fully equipped science and technology labs and music and art studios. A large book and media collection spanning the decades is housed in an elegant library. The Great Hall accommodates school-wide liturgies and events. A separate junior high school building provides older students with a space for age-appropriate activities and includes Hall Marguerite, a communal gathering place for meals and events. The Visitation Center has a regulation-sized gymnasium that holds sports tournaments and community youth programs and doubles as a full-size theater. A quarter-mile track makes the school the perfect host for track and field competitions. In every possible way, the campus serves the academic and social needs of the community. The gardens double as classrooms to serve the varied needs of an integrated curriculum supporting science, art, and language. Large, grassy lawns invite games, picnics and socializing around a colorful playground used during recess, after school and play dates. A grotto offers a space for peaceful reflection and prayer. mary's Walk, a shaded pathway with benches, serves as a community meeting place. The campus is one of a handful in North America that displays a peace mural and a peace pole, announcing our prayer for peace in the languages that are meaningful to the Villa's history and culture.
- The Villa Maria Academy faculty is comprised of teachers who are more than instructors. They care for each child and nurture their progress with individual attention and support. They are role models and mentors. They empower Villa students with confidence and encouragement. Inspired by the philosophy of "Liberating Education," Villa teachers seek to optimize each student's capacity, freeing their potential and enabling them to go out and change the world. The Villa uniquely offers a high level of teacher attention as illustrated by the 1:18 teacher/student ratio. Teachers develop a deep sense of individual strengths and weaknesses and tailor lessons to optimize each student's gifts. Personalized instruction geared to meet each student's individual needs and learning styles guides them to their fullest potential. The Villa's independence as a private school assures the flexibility to teach creatively. The positive environment supports high teacher retention and experience. The Villa faculty is complemented by other professional staff members who enable the school to provide comprehensive and holistic education. These include a guidance counselor, campus minister and nurse.Ninety percent of the faculty holds master`s degrees. Lifelong learners, they participate in a range of professional development programs throughout the year.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Villa Maria Academy cost?
Villa Maria Academy's tuition is approximately $8,500 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Villa Maria Academy?
The acceptance rate of Villa Maria Academy is 75%, which is lower than the national average of 79%.
What sports does Villa Maria Academy offer?
Villa Maria Academy offers 7 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Softball and Track and Field.
What is Villa Maria Academy's ranking?
Villa Maria Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New York for: Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Villa Maria Academy?
The application deadline for Villa Maria Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
View the Villa Maria Academy yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Endorse Villa Maria Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards