- It is the mission of St. Ambrose School to meet the needs and interests of all its students so as to prepare them for a global society. At Saint Ambrose, the teachers and administration are committed to developing students who are academically challenged, moral, and caring of their world and other people.
- Saint Ambrose is a Catholic suburban school in Latham, New York, open to students of all faiths, with more than 200 students from over 15 school districts.
- (Most school districts will provide transporation.) We offer a full-day nursery/prekindergarten for three and four year-old children, a full-day kindergarten program, and regular classes for children in grades one through eight. Our average class size is 15 students. The academic program offered at St. Ambrose School meets or exceeds the curriculum objectives of both the New York State Department of Education and the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany. A challenging curriculum is adapted for students of all abilities. Services and academic support are provided in our school building by our own staff members and the local school district. An Honors/Regents program in Living Environment and Integrated Algebra is offered to our 8th grade students. Extracurricular and after school activities are offered to most students in Tae-Kwon Do, K-Kids (Kiwanis Service), basketball, drama, soccer, ski club, book club, STEM club, choir and dance. Families of our students are encouraged to participate in the many activities and organizations offered at the school. We also encourage the parents of our students to become involved at St. Ambrose School as "homeroom-parents" or school volunteers. We are proud of our welcoming and small-school atmosphere. Daily prayer and religion classes, liturgies, and a structured community service program help to define who we are. Our students are known as the Caring Kids of St. Ambrose School. We impart on our students that they can make a difference in their lives and in the lives of others. Our school day begins as early as 7:15 a.m. with a no-cost early morning program.
- Academic classes begin at 8:15 a.m., and our dismissal time is 2:45 p.m. An after-care program is available to all our students until 5:30 p.m. Learn more about St. Ambrose by calling our school office at 518-785-6453. You are always welcome to tour our school campus. Perhaps you would also like to have your child spend a day at St. Ambrose School visiting the other students and teachers.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||182 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Band Instruction, Book Club, Chorus Club, Cross-Country Track, Dance Party, Drama Club, Fit Club, Flag Football, Math Counts Team!, Odyssey of the Mind, STEM Club, Soccer Art Club, Book Club, Chorus Club, Dance Party, Drama Club, Fit Club, Flag Football, STEM Club, Soccer, Band Instruction,
Math Counts Team!,
Odyssey of the Mind,
- Saint Ambrose School has a no-cost early morning program beginning at 7:15 a.m. An after school program is available at a nominal cost until 5:30 p.m. We also offer a wide variety of extra curriculuar activites for students of all ages at no extra cost.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LoudonvilleGrades: PK-8 | 677 students
75 Upper Loudon Rd
Loudonville, NY 12211
LathamGrades: PK-12 | 255 students
374 Loudon Road
Latham, NY 12211
LathamGrades: PK-12 | 143 students
495 Watervliet Shaker Rd
Latham, NY 12110
WaterfordGrades: PK-8 | 263 students
12 6th St
Waterford, NY 12188
SchenectadyGrades: 6-12 | 324 students
2600 Albany St
Schenectady, NY 12304
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.