St. Ambrose School
- It is the mission of St. Ambrose School to meet the needs and interests of all its students so as to prepare them for a global society. At Saint Ambrose, the teachers and administration are committed to developing students who are academically challenged, moral, and caring of their world and other people.
- Saint Ambrose is a Catholic suburban school in Latham, New York, open to students of all faiths, with more than 200 students from over 15 school districts.
- (Most school districts will provide transporation.) We offer a full-day nursery/prekindergarten for three and four year-old children, a full-day kindergarten program, and regular classes for children in grades one through eight. Our average class size is 15 students. The academic program offered at St. Ambrose School meets or exceeds the curriculum objectives of both the New York State Department of Education and the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany. A challenging curriculum is adapted for students of all abilities. Services and academic support are provided in our school building by our own staff members and the local school district. An Honors/Regents program in Living Environment and Integrated Algebra is offered to our 8th grade students. Extracurricular and after school activities are offered to most students in Tae-Kwon Do, K-Kids (Kiwanis Service), basketball, drama, soccer, ski club, book club, STEM club, choir and dance. Families of our students are encouraged to participate in the many activities and organizations offered at the school. We also encourage the parents of our students to become involved at St. Ambrose School as "homeroom-parents" or school volunteers. We are proud of our welcoming and small-school atmosphere. Daily prayer and religion classes, liturgies, and a structured community service program help to define who we are. Our students are known as the Caring Kids of St. Ambrose School. We impart on our students that they can make a difference in their lives and in the lives of others. Our school day begins as early as 7:15 a.m. with a no-cost early morning program.
- Academic classes begin at 8:15 a.m., and our dismissal time is 2:45 p.m. An after-care program is available to all our students until 5:30 p.m. Learn more about St. Ambrose by calling our school office at 518-785-6453. You are always welcome to tour our school campus. Perhaps you would also like to have your child spend a day at St. Ambrose School visiting the other students and teachers.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||182 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Fit Club, Math Counts Team!, Odyssey of the Mind, STEM Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Band Instruction, Chorus Club, Dance Party, Drama Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cross-Country Track, Flag Football, Soccer
- Saint Ambrose School has a no-cost early morning program beginning at 7:15 a.m. An after school program is available at a nominal cost until 5:30 p.m. We also offer a wide variety of extra curriculuar activites for students of all ages at no extra cost.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albany Grades: PK-12 | 237 students
374 Loudon Road
Albany, NY 12211
(518)434-6051 3.8 PK-12
- Albany Grades: PK-8 | 677 students
75 Upper Loudon Rd
Albany, NY 12211
(518)465-4539 4.1 PK-8
- Latham Grades: PK-12 | 160 students
495 Watervliet Shaker Rd
Latham, NY 12110
(518)785-5916 1.5 PK-12
- Albany Grades: NS-8 | 201 students
10 Rosemont St
Albany, NY 12203
(518)438-0066 6.4 NS-8
- Albany Grades: NS-8
121 Old Niskayuna Rd
Albany, NY 12211
(518)785-6621 2.5 NS-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.