St Andrew Avellino Catholic School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (718) 359-7887
- St. Andrew Avellino is a Catholic School whose primary mission is to instruct children in the teachings of the Catholic Church and proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- Together we teach our students to extend an open hand to all and instill in them a desire to serve God, church, and community.
- We believe that living out Christ`s message is our hope for the future.
- As a Catholic Christian school we believe in the dignity and uniqueness of each individual, thereby encouraging each child to reach his/her potential and to develop and maintain a positive self-image.
- As educators we strive to promote and model the values, skills, and knowledge that will enable children to maintain their individuality while respecting all others.
- We serve as role models of Christ`s active presence in the world.
- It is our goal to develop the whole person in a Christ-centered, nurturing environment.
- It is the aim of the administration and faculty to strive to meet individual abilities, differences, and learning styles.
- We believe in a holistic approach that fosters the academic, social, emotional, physical, and spiritual development of all our students.
- Our academic program builds a foundation of basic skills and knowledge so students can excel in a competitive, diversified, and technological society.
- Students are provided with experiences that allow them to use their creativity and special talents to discover new things and expand their horizons.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||SETTS teacher|
|Total Students||282 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,050|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Debate Club, Girl Scouts
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Beginner and Advanced Band, Chorus, Percussion Ensemble, String Ensemble
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Flushing Grades: PK-9 | 658 students
4550 195th St
Flushing, NY 11358
(718) 357-8110 1.4 PK-9
- Bayside Grades: PK-8 | 381 students
21601 38th Avenue
Bayside, NY 11361
(718) 631-4804 2.8 PK-8
- Fresh Meadows Grades: NS-8 | 214 students
74-15 175th Street
Fresh Meadows, NY 11366
(718) 969-2124 1.7 NS-8
My daughter began attending St. Andrew`s in fourth grade after graduating from a wonderful NYC public school that only went up to third grade. As much as we liked our former NYC school, St. Andrew`s has been even more special to my daughter. From her very first day at St. Andrew`s, she was embraced by the children in her new class and made to feel welcome and a part of the St. Andrew`s family. The transition was a breeze. She adored her fourth grade teacher, who made learning fun, and amazingly allowed the children to freely express themselves. She enjoyed music, chorus, drama and an incredible art class (and art teacher!) that encouraged her creativity; none of these were available to her at our former NYC school because of budget cuts. She began attending the basketball clinic and joined the volleyball team. She loved her new principal, Mrs. Hanna, who made pancakes for the kids, knew everyone by his or her first name, and reviewed and commented on every test. All of which continued into fifth grade, and now in sixth. I also love St. Andrew`s-the class sizes are small so the children get individualized attention from the wonderful teachers; it provides a strong foundation for math and English, including the basics like grammar and writing, which public schools do not focus on; it challenges the children intellectually and creatively, including offering advanced classes at the middle school; it teaches the children good values and social responsibility, and prepares them for high school, college and life, and not just to pass the NYS exams. Most of all, I love the warm and caring environment and the feeling that we are all one big family. Tuition assistance is available so don`t settle for public school when you can give your child the benefits of a private school education. I feel so fortunate to have found St. Andrew`s and I encourage parents to visit the school. You may find your child`s new "home away from home."
- Posted by Parent - AnnaC
St. Andrew's is an outstanding school. It is a pleasure coming to work each day. We strive on a daily basis to meet the needs of all the children we serve. Special needs students are supported with services they require to help them succeed. Our non-English speaking students are given ESL classes twice a week. Advanced students are afforded opportunities that will challenge them such as Earth Science and Math 9. We consistently have the highest state exam test scores in our area. Extracurricular activities are abundant and opportunities to be involved in our parish are plentiful. The principal is a terrific leader and takes great pride in her school. She knows every child, has an open-door policy, and resolves any problem in a timely fashion. St. Andrew's....a home away from home!
- Posted by Teacher - Tigge
Nearby Homes for Sale
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.