St Andrew Nativity School
Tel: (503) 335-9600
- St. Andrew Nativity School is a Jesuit Catholic middle school dedicated to offering an academically challenging curriculum in a highly structured environment to low income students of all faiths.
- St. Andrew Nativity School cultivates in its students the spiritual, intellectual, and personal strengths, which will empower them to continue their education in the high school and college of their choice.
- The school is staffed by professional educators, Jesuits, and committed volunteers.
- The St. Andrew Nativity School program strives to form young "men and women for others" who are dedicated to bringing all their talents to fullness and using them to serve their families and their community.According to St Andrew principle St. Andrew School is the only tuition-free private middle school in the state of Oregon.
- There is a crisis in education in north/northeast Portland with more than half of the students in the city's poorest schools not achieving the minimum standards for state benchmarks by the eighth grade.
- African American and Hispanic youth are among the hardest hit by this educational crisis, as these groups experience the largest high school drop-out rates in the state.
- St. Andrew Nativity School offers an opportunity for success and hope to these young people.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||78 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: PK-8 | 116 students
4227 N Lombard Street
Portland, OR 97212
(503) 753-4459 3.7 PK-8
- Portland Grades: K-8 | 83 students
5520 NE Killingsworth Street
Portland, OR 97218
(503) 288-6403 2.4 K-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?