St Andrew Nativity School
- St. Andrew Nativity School is a Jesuit Catholic middle school dedicated to offering an academically challenging curriculum in a highly structured environment to low income students of all faiths.
- St. Andrew Nativity School cultivates in its students the spiritual, intellectual, and personal strengths, which will empower them to continue their education in the high school and college of their choice.
- The school is staffed by professional educators, Jesuits, and committed volunteers.
- The St. Andrew Nativity School program strives to form young "men and women for others" who are dedicated to bringing all their talents to fullness and using them to serve their families and their community.According to St Andrew principle St. Andrew School is the only tuition-free private middle school in the state of Oregon.
- There is a crisis in education in north/northeast Portland with more than half of the students in the city's poorest schools not achieving the minimum standards for state benchmarks by the eighth grade.
- African American and Hispanic youth are among the hardest hit by this educational crisis, as these groups experience the largest high school drop-out rates in the state.
- St. Andrew Nativity School offers an opportunity for success and hope to these young people.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: PK-8 | 116 students
2120 NE Tillamook
Portland, OR 97212 3.7 PK-8
- Portland Grades: K-8 | 83 students
5520 NE Killingsworth Street
Portland, OR 97218
(503)288-6403 2.4 K-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.