Bridges Middle School
Academics and Faculty
Finances and Admission
- Individualized learning and attention. Bridges Middle School does more than prepare our students for high school. We transform lives. Students with learning differences experience academic success and personal growth. They learn to navigate school - and life - with confidence and competence. Students leave Bridges with self-awareness and the tools to accomplish their goals despite their learning differences.
- Small Classes. Big Results. In our small classes, Bridges` students flourish in a community of supportive teachers and peers. We strive to maintain a student-teacher ratio of twelve to one and often even lower, compared with other public and private settings where class sizes often average 30 or more. This unique context allows individualized assistance, the development of a deep understanding of our students` needs, and the ability to tailor lessons to build on the strengths and creative interests of each child.
- Parents say Bridges is quite literally a lifesaver. We offer a range of social and emotional support to our students and their families. Our team of teachers, counselors and administrators bring a wide range of expertise from diverse backgrounds. They help students understand the complex nuances of middle school culture, provide responsive services for challenges that arise within the school community, and assist individual students by providing support and coaching at different stages of need.
- Bridges builds confidence. Every student has something they`re good at, whether it`s art, writing, sports, or being a good friend to others. Our teachers help students recognize and appreciate their strengths. Therefore, they will build self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Bridges creates routines and structure. Students with learning differences often experience severe disorganization. Often, they need ways to structure both time and space. Bridges creates clear routines and schedules for what needs to be done when, and set up easy-to-use binders and work spaces to promote clarity and organization.
- Bridges empowers students to make choices about their learning. Because students with learning differences find school difficult, students may have a hard time making decisions about what they want to do. Bridges puts the power in their hands by encouraging them to do things they love and that make them feel empowered-such as cooking, building something, or making their own movie.
- Bridges partners with parents and expert providers. Bridges` counselors and teachers work in collaboration with family providers in the fields of education, behavior, and mental health. We work in partnership with parents and providers to best support our students to thrive in school-and in life-becoming their best selves.
- Bridges provides academic and social support. An important component to ensuring the success of each student at Bridges Middle School is to have faculty who fully understand the developmental characteristics and unique learning needs of middle-school students. Bridges is fortunate to have a professional, creative, knowledgeable and caring staff. The teaching and counseling team at Bridges Middle School meets each student where he or she is academically and socially. In small classes, Bridges` students do more than learn to cope with their learning differences. They gain the academic, social and self-advocacy skills necessary to succeed in school and at home.
Endorse Bridges Middle School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards