Yourth Progress Learning Center
- Youth Progress Association is a non-profit, independent living organization that has been providing Oregon's youth with the skills necessary to become successful community members since 1964.
- Our clients range in age from 13 to 24, have diverse backgrounds, and come from all over the State.
- The majority of our clients have either been involved in the juvenile justice system or have no appropriate home resource with whom to live.
- Youth Progress clients are often labeled as "difficult to treat" and have typically been rejected from other placements due to behaviors or background.
- Youth Progress specializes in working with these youth by providing them with individualized opportunities to succeed.
- Youth Progress Association provides opportunities to approximately 80 Oregon youth each year.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- At Youth Progress we believe that educational success is a key component to becoming a productive community member. To help ensure education opportunities, we have an on-site Learning Center that is accessible for all YP clients. Fully accredited by the State of Oregon, our Learning Center is an alternative school that supports clients in obtaining their education and academic goals. We offer a variety of opportunities and services in order to meet the educational needs of each client.
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.