New Day Ananda Marga School Of Portland
Tel: (503) 231-7425
New Day Ananda Marga School Of Portland Photo #2 - Daily classroom rhythm consists of morning circle, free play, guided activities/projects and outdoor play. Many of the classroom materials are handmade and come from nature, with an emphasis on objects that have multiple uses and stimulate imaginative play. Our classrooms offer academic choice materials built upon foundational concepts in math, art, science, language, writing and practical life with hands-on exploration.
- New Day School is a non-profit preschool, child care center, which provides universal, non-denominational education.
- Our school is a Neo-Humanist preschool dedicated to the holistic development of mind, body, heart and spirit through cultivation of creativity, intellect, ethical values and intuition.
- Our education teaches respectful & loving service to all beings of this universe.
- Our curriculum is based on the principles of Neo-Humanist Education (www.gurukul.edu).
- New Day School offers year-round child care, with vegan meals provided.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||64 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly Tuition : 5 full days/week (M-F) $1309 3 full days/week (MWF, MTR, or TRF) $925 2 full days/week (MW, TR, or WF) $746 Sibling Discount: 5% off lower tuition. *Tuition Scholarship based on income eligibility|
|Admissions Director||Atandra Didi|
- New Day School offers full-day preschool programs for children 2.5 to 5 years of age, with two-, three-, and five-day schedule options. Our class sizes range and the child-teacher ratio is 8:1. We offer several classrooms in two spacious buildings with a large outdoor play area and garden.
- While developing each child`s gifts, the Circle of Love Curriculum cultivates the spirit of social equality, service, and maintaining ecological balance through hands-on experience. Our curriculum highlights ethical values such as Helping Hands, Inner Light, Nature Study, and Kind Deeds. By exploring the monthly ethical value in story, project and song, the Circle of Love Curriculum guides the child and allows him/her to discover the interconnectedness of our universe. Through a wide variety of activities such as puppetry, music, drama, stories, sports, games, yoga, hands-on discovery, language learning, nature, field trips, gardening, composting, art projects and creative visualizations, along with plenty of play, the Circle of Love Curriculum makes learning profound as well as fun.
- Daily Rhythm:
- We start our day with morning circle, consisting of verses, nursery rhymes, songs, and circle games often based on a seasonal theme. Using song, rhyme, movement and dance, children learn about weather, animals, nature and craft (cooking, building, cleaning, etc.). Morning circle incorporates language acquisition, fine and gross motor skills, creative exploration and self-discipline through play.The morning circle is then followed by a period of free play and a guided activity baking, painting, drumming, cleaning and other focused hand work. Many of the classroom materials are handmade and come from nature, with an emphasis on objects that have multiple uses and stimulate imaginative play. In our 4-to-5-year-old classrooms, "academic choice" materials build upon foundational concepts in math, art, science, language, writing and practical life with hands-on exploration.Daily outdoor time, rain or shine, in New Day`s expansive play yard and gardens, provides opportunity for the children to explore and imagine in a natural setting. Natural playscape, sturdy climbing structures and bountiful gardens create many playful options and challenges for the children.Our tuition structure includes parent work hours due quarterly to foster the value of service and promote a lovely connection between family and school. Our meal service is a point of pride! We offer two wholesome vegan snacks and a hot lunch every day. Our food is lovingly prepared in our school kitchen with an emphasis on whole foods. Lunches feature a protein, grain, plus two vegetables and our snacks offer a combination of grains, fruits and vegetables.To schedule a tour or place your child on our wait list, please contact our office team M-F 9:30-4:30 @ 503-231-7425 or write an email at firstname.lastname@example.org Tours are offered by appointment only. Check our website for more information: www.newdayschool.org
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: 7-12 | 22 students
2020 SE Powell Blvd
Portland, OR 97202
(503) 233-6121 0.3 7-12
- Portland Grades: NS-PK | 112 students
2215 SE Gladstone St
Portland, OR 97202
(503) 231-2993 0.7 NS-PK
- Portland Grades: 1-8 | 40 students
3350 Se Woodward
Portland, OR 97202
(503) 813-7786 0.8 1-8
- Portland Grades: 9-12 | 913 students
2401 Se Stark St
Portland, OR 97214
(503) 235-3138 1.1 9-12
- Portland Grades: PK-5 | 109 students
2860 SE Holgate Blvd
Portland, OR 97202
(503) 235-6551 1.1 PK-5
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?