New Day Ananda Marga School Of Portland
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Enrollment: 64 students
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- New Day School offers full-day preschool programs for children 2.5 to 5 years of age, with two-, three-, and five-day schedule options. Our class sizes range and the child-teacher ratio is 8:1. We offer several classrooms in two spacious buildings with a large outdoor play area and garden.
- While developing each child`s gifts, the Circle of Love Curriculum cultivates the spirit of social equality, service, and maintaining ecological balance through hands-on experience. Our curriculum highlights ethical values such as Helping Hands, Inner Light, Nature Study, and Kind Deeds. By exploring the monthly ethical value in story, project and song, the Circle of Love Curriculum guides the child and allows him/her to discover the interconnectedness of our universe. Through a wide variety of activities such as puppetry, music, drama, stories, sports, games, yoga, hands-on discovery, language learning, nature, field trips, gardening, composting, art projects and creative visualizations, along with plenty of play, the Circle of Love Curriculum makes learning profound as well as fun.
- Daily Rhythm:
- We start our day with morning circle, consisting of verses, nursery rhymes, songs, and circle games often based on a seasonal theme. Using song, rhyme, movement and dance, children learn about weather, animals, nature and craft (cooking, building, cleaning, etc.). Morning circle incorporates language acquisition, fine and gross motor skills, creative exploration and self-discipline through play.The morning circle is then followed by a period of free play and a guided activity baking, painting, drumming, cleaning and other focused hand work. Many of the classroom materials are handmade and come from nature, with an emphasis on objects that have multiple uses and stimulate imaginative play. In our 4-to-5-year-old classrooms, "academic choice" materials build upon foundational concepts in math, art, science, language, writing and practical life with hands-on exploration.Daily outdoor time, rain or shine, in New Day`s expansive play yard and gardens, provides opportunity for the children to explore and imagine in a natural setting. Natural playscape, sturdy climbing structures and bountiful gardens create many playful options and challenges for the children.Our tuition structure includes parent work hours due quarterly to foster the value of service and promote a lovely connection between family and school. Our meal service is a point of pride! We offer two wholesome vegan snacks and a hot lunch every day. Our food is lovingly prepared in our school kitchen with an emphasis on whole foods. Lunches feature a protein, grain, plus two vegetables and our snacks offer a combination of grains, fruits and vegetables.To schedule a tour or place your child on our wait list, please contact our office team M-F 9:30-4:30 @ 503-231-7425 or write an email at email@example.com Tours are offered by appointment only. Check our website for more information: www.newdayschool.org
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for New Day Ananda Marga School Of Portland?
The application deadline for New Day Ananda Marga School Of Portland is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse New Day Ananda Marga School Of Portland. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards