Catlin Gabel School
- Catlin Gabel School is an independent, co-educational day school for students from preschool through twelfth grade.
- Its faculty and staff are dedicated to individuality, academics, and life-long learning.
- Catlin Gabel School supports inspired learning, leading to responsible action through dedicated teaching, caring relationships, a challenging curriculum, and community service.
- We value each person's effort, imagination, and positive contributions to the community.
- We celebrate being inclusive and the partnership between family and school.
Catlin Gabel School places among the top 20% of private schools in Oregon for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||773 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||100 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1414|
|Average ACT score||32|
|Average Percentile SSAT||97%|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 21 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies by division: $27,190 to $34,100|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$23,180|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sara Nordhoff|
|Admissions Associate||Mary Braun|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||56 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
1. 99%, Asian Affinity, Black Student Union, Booster Club, Catlin Cooks, Catlin Gabel Geopolitical Society, Catlin Speaks newspaper, Chess Club, Communicare, Conservative Affinity, D.A.N.C.E. (Dare to Amaze with No Conscious Effort), D&D Club, Desi Affinity, Design Club, Engineering Program, Environmental Action Team (EAT), Female Affinity, Feminism Club, Global Education, Healing Hands, History Club, Interfaith Affinity Group, InvenTeam, Jewish Affinity, Jewish Student Union, JSA, Keep Portland Reading, Kids Club, Latinx Affinity, Marimba Club, Mental Health Awareness Club, Middle Eastern Affinity (MEA), Mock Trial, Multi Culti, MUN (Model United Nations), Origami Club, People of Color, PLACE urban studies program, Project Prelude, Project32, Robotics, RoyGBiv Affinity, SAFE, Science Bowl, Science Olympiad, Secular Humanist Affinity Group, Shine, Socks and Sandwiches, Taiko Club, The CENTER for youth activism, The Institute, TRIBE, UJIMA, Yearbook, Yoga. 2
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Catlin Gabel School is an independent, co-educational day school for students from preschool through twelfth grade. Its faculty and staff are dedicated to individuality, academics, and life-long learning. Catlin Gabel School supports inspired learning, leading to responsible action through dedicated teaching, caring relationships, a challenging curriculum, and community service. We value each person's effort, imagination, and positive contributions to the community. We celebrate being inclusive and the partnership between family and school.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hillsboro Grades: PK-8 | 83 students
770 NE Rogahn St.
Hillsboro, OR 97124
(503)844-7766 10.4 PK-8
- Tualatin Grades: K-8 | 172 students
4201 SW Borland Rd
Tualatin, OR 97062
(503)638-6399 9.4 K-8