Jesuit High School
- Jesuit High School was founded in 1956 by the Society of Jesus and is part of a 450-year Jesuit educational tradition.
- We are a non-profit, co-educational college-preparatory school for grades 9-12.
- Jesuit High School serves students of all religious faiths. Jesuit education fosters the harmonious development of the adolescent's gifts: spiritual, religious, intellectual, physical, emotional, and aesthetic.
- Jesuit High School hopes to accomplish this development by demonstrating a personal concern for individuals, a special concern for the poor, an articulate wisdom, enthusiasm, and a sense of community.
- In so doing, the school hopes to graduate leaders who are committed to serve God and their fellow men and women.
- Our hope is that our students develop a profound sense of justice founded in love, i.e., leaders who are "men and women for others.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)|
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1300 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||78 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: 9-12 | 96 students
9020 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy
Portland, OR 97225
(503)297-2336 0.1 9-12
- Portland Grades: PK-12 | 863 students
6300 SW Nicol Road
Portland, OR 97223
(503)768-3115 1 PK-12
- Beaverton Grades: NS-12
4275 SW 148th Ave
Beaverton, OR 97078
(503)644-3745 2.9 NS-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.