Riverdale High School
- Top Ranked OR School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 241 students
- Yearly Tuition: $11,950
- Average class size: 23 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 10
- Source: Verified school update
Riverdale High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Oregon for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
Academic Decathalon, Chess Club, Film Club, Girl Up Club, Green Club, GSA, Jewish Culture Club, Leaders in Nurturing Kindness, Model United Nations, Oregon Battle of the Books, Robotics, Science Bowl
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Drama/Musicals
- Imagine a public high school so attractive that two-thirds of its students come from outside its small district boundaries, paying close to $12,000 a year to attend. A public high school that has to compete even for its own resident students, who have access to Portland area private schools and an adjoining district's large traditional high schools.
- Imagine a high school from which students graduate with four more credits than the state requires -- including eight additional classes in the core subjects of English, Math, Science, History and Art, plus at least four foreign language courses and a year-long Senior Exhibition many compare to a college thesis.
- Imagine a high school where close to 100 percent of its graduates go on to four-year colleges, including some of the most impressive schools in the country.
- Imagine a high school that offers an Honors Curriculum within each class section, challenging those who want it, but not isolating students from each other. In so doing, the school builds an inclusive social fabric as strong as its academic standing.
- Imagine a high school with a curriculum so rigorous that without AP-specific classes students are prepared to succeed in a wide variety of AP exams, which the school proctors. A school in which students can earn up to 53 college credits taught on campus by the high school's instructors.
- Imagine a high school where there are a wide variety of activities: athletic teams, drama, music, Mock Trial, Bridge Building (state champions 2005-2015, plus numerous international wins) -- where everyone is encouraged to participate rather than spectate.
- Imagine a high school built on these ideas that grew in its first 10 years from 30 students to approximately 250.
- That school is Riverdale High School in Portland, OR.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Riverdale High School cost?
Riverdale High School's tuition is approximately $11,950 for private students.
What sports does Riverdale High School offer?
Riverdale High School offers 11 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field and Volleyball. Riverdale High School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Oregon for most sports offered.
What is Riverdale High School's ranking?
Riverdale High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Oregon for: Highest average SAT score, Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees, Largest student body, Most sports offered and Most extracurriculars offered.
When is the application deadline for Riverdale High School?
The application deadline for Riverdale High School is Feb. 10.
Endorse Riverdale High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards