St. Clare School
5.00 (1 review)
- St Clare School is dedicated to the spiritual and educational development of the whole child.
- The community of St. Clare invites everyone to share and celebrate the transforming power of God's love through worship, education and service to others.
- We believe that each child is a unique and special person, endowed with an individual dignity, which should be nurtured and developed as one with the body and the mind.
- The support of a caring and intimate community allows your children to develop self-confidence.
- By recognizing different learning styles, by challenging and encouraging, and by working as a team, our staff helps children to develop their identity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||210 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Dress code available upon request)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,600|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition assistance/financial aid is available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club/Battle of the Books, Mad Science
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Club, MUSE Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
100-Mile Walking Club, CYO Sports
- Our goal at St. Clare is to help each student attain his or her true potential in order to become a successful lifelong learner and embrace the future with hope. We are a Catholic, parish-school (K-8) community that integrates faith with academics, social outreach, and extracurricular activities. Students at St. Clare are provided the tools they need to develop emotionally, intellectually, physically, and spiritually in a caring and creative environment.
- Accredited by the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools (NAAS) and the Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA), St. Clare offers a breadth of expertise within a multi-faceted curriculum designed to meet individual needs. Our state-certified teachers challenge students to develop critical thinking and decision-making skills in an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- The St. Clare faculty includes nine classroom teachers and four teachers` aides providing core curriculum, including language arts (reading/literature, writing, phonics, spelling, grammar, speech), math, science plus OMSI enrichment, social studies, integrated technology, and religion. In addition, St. Clare offers seven specialized instructors in music, library, physical education and health, departmentalized middle school math, special needs learning, and our award-winning art program.
- With class sizes averaging 25 students, St. Clare allows students to realize their full academic potential. In an environment that promotes confidence and self-esteem, St. Clare students learn early on to establish good, self-directed study habits. At St. Clare, we work closely with parents to ensure that the academic, social, and spiritual needs of every student are consistently met. Trimester report cards, parent-teacher conferences, and standardized testing results help parents and teachers communicate and strategize about how best to serve each student.
- As important as academics are at St. Clare, we place an equal emphasis on community. Students at St. Clare develop an appreciation of others` opinions and acknowledge the dignity and worth given by God to all people. The entire student body, faculty, and staff participate in the school`s community service programs, collecting nonperishable food and providing donations and direct service to the poor, hungry, physically challenged, homeless, elderly, and children.
- St. Clare offers a variety of services and activities for students and their families. Lunch is available for purchase every day along with a daily milk program, buddy and family groups, student-led Masses, community service projects, field trips, community garden, spelling/geography bees, speech/math festivals, Christmas pageant, honored guest luncheon and Mass, 4th grade Oregon Trail overnight, 6th grade Outdoor School, 8th grade graduation festivities, and a K-8 before and after school care (BASC) program. Students may choose to participate in student council, Partners in Peace (PIPs), peer mediation, Battle of the Books, talent show, Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) athletic programs, and after school programs such as band, creative writing, book, drama, and science clubs, and scouts. For parents, we provide a variety of opportunities to become involved in our active community life by joining our School Advisory Council (SAC), Parent Teacher Council (PTC), or assisting teachers.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: NS | 16 students
3405 Sw Alice Street
Portland, OR 97219
(503)244-4558 0.8 NS
- Portland Grades: 9-12 | 241 students
9727 SW Terwilliger Blvd.
Portland, OR 97219
(503)262-4844 0.8 9-12
- Portland Grades: K | 112 students
7339 Sw Capitol Hwy
Portland, OR 97219
(503)244-2579 0.8 K
- Portland Grades: K-8 | 45 students
6612 Sw Capitol Hwy
Portland, OR 97239
(503)977-7850 0.9 K-8
St. Clare is a wonderful sweet school, with a caring and committed who bring out the best in every kid's personality. They offer a great comprehensive education including Art, library, and PE, and IT is integrated into each class. Catholic values of service and kindness woven throughout, and the community is incredible! My kids look forward to going to school every morning. We feel blessed to have found this school!
- Posted by Parent - ber_d
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.