Oregon Episcopal School
- OES is a Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12 college preparatory, independent school with approximately 870 students.
- We are committed to small classes in a collaborative, project-based learning environment.
- Our beautiful 59-acre campus, located only 15 minutes from downtown Portland, provides the perfect setting for open minds to inquire, explore, and grow in order to succeed in an ever-changing global community.
- Students enjoy close relationships with faculty that encourage intellectual risk-taking, healthy skepticism, informed discussion and imaginative research.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||858 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||120 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Computer Science, AP French Language, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics,|
|Average SAT score||1410|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 18 / Jan. 25 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,600|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade; complete info and financial aid info available: www.oes.edu/tuition|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$18,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susan Gundle|
|Admissions Associate||Jen Bash|
|Endowment Size||$23 million|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Fencing,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
BPA Science Bowl, Greenhouse activity, Junior State of America, Lego Design, Maker Studio, Robotics, School Newspaper, Student government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Accapella and Concert Choirs, Band, Ceramics, Digital Simulations, Filmmaking, Stagecraft, String Orchestra, Studio Art, Theater
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Aikido, Athletic training, Outdoor Program
- Research-based science program helps students become finalists in the Intel Science Talent Search and Siemens Competition.
- On-campus fencing salon led by Ed Korfanty trains Olympic fencers, including two-time gold-medalist Mariel Zagunis.
- Outdoor program provides experienced leadership for a cornucopia of activities geared for levels of expertise from beginner to expert.
- Lacrosse program is one of pre-eminent programs in the state of Oregon, with the team playing in the state championship match most years.
- Winterim program includes international trips for service or language immersion as well as domestic adventures, art workshops, and cultural experiences in the Portland area.
- Rooted in the Episcopal tradition, the school emphasizes respect for all faiths and each student`s efforts to develop spiritually to realize his or her power for good in the world.
- International program stresses cultural awareness and understanding among students from many nations.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PortlandGrades: NS-6 | 173 students
11065 NW Crystal Creek Ln
Portland, OR 97229
- BeavertonGrades: PK-12 | 291 students
16860 Sw Blanton St
Beaverton, OR 97007
- PortlandGrades: PK-8 | 156 students
2730 NW Vaughn Street
Portland, OR 97210
- PortlandGrades: 6-12 | 225 students
1130 SW Main
Portland, OR 97205
- TualatinGrades: NS-12 | 551 students
23370 SW Boones Ferry Rd.
Tualatin, OR 97062