Oregon Episcopal School
- OES is a Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12 college preparatory, independent school with approximately 870 students.
- We are committed to small classes in a collaborative, project-based learning environment.
- Our beautiful 59-acre campus, located only 15 minutes from downtown Portland, provides the perfect setting for open minds to inquire, explore, and grow in order to succeed in an ever-changing global community.
- Students enjoy close relationships with faculty that encourage intellectual risk-taking, healthy skepticism, informed discussion and imaginative research.
Oregon Episcopal School places among the top 20% of private schools in Oregon for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- SAT Score Highest average SAT score
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Diversity Highest percentage of students of color
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer camp cost vary by course, please visit our website summer.oes.edu for camp costs.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||863 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||120 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Computer Science, AP French Language, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics,|
|Average SAT score||1400|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 21 / Jan. 30 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade; and families may apply for Flexible Tuition: www.oes.edu/tuition|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$18,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susan Gundle|
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Ross-Bailly|
|Endowment Size||$23 million|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Fencing,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
A Cappella & Concert Choirs, Business Club, Challenge Course, Coding for Girls, Greenhouse activity, Junior State of America, Maker Studio, Mock Trial, Model UN, Robotics, School Newspaper, Speech & Debate, Student government, Ukulele & Other Acoustics, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Ceramics, Filmmaking, Stagecraft, String Orchestra, Theater
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Aikido, Athletic training, Outdoor Program
- Research-based science program helps students become finalists in the Intel Science Talent Search and Siemens Competition.
- On-campus fencing salon led by Ed Korfanty trains Olympic fencers, including two-time gold-medalist Mariel Zagunis.
- Outdoor program provides experienced leadership for a cornucopia of activities geared for levels of expertise from beginner to expert.
- Lacrosse program is one of pre-eminent programs in the state of Oregon, with the team playing in the state championship match most years.
- Winterim program includes international trips for service or language immersion as well as domestic adventures, art workshops, and cultural experiences in the Portland area.
- Rooted in the Episcopal tradition, the school emphasizes respect for all faiths and each student`s efforts to develop spiritually to realize his or her power for good in the world.
- International program stresses cultural awareness and understanding among students from many nations.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: NS-6 | 173 students
11065 NW Crystal Creek Ln
Portland, OR 97229
(503)439-1597 5.2 NS-6
- Portland Grades: NS-12 | 756 students
8825 SW Barnes Road
Portland, OR 97225
(503)297-1894 2.4 NS-12
- Portland Grades: 9-12 | 96 students
9020 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy
Portland, OR 97225
(503)297-2336 0.9 9-12