5.00 (3 reviews)
- Class Academy is a twelve-month, accelerated- curriculum school for Pre-K through 8th grade.
- Our students excel above their peers nationally in an environment where learning is fun and never frustrating.
- Our program is successful because we have a dedicated, committed staff and supportive, involved parents.
- Our curriculum emphasizes Reading, Math, Science and Public Speaking and promotes independence and self-confidence.
- Our curriculum is advanced, but the day is full of energizers that give the students the chance to take a break from their work and get the wiggles out so they can focus on the next learning exercise.
- Learning is often disguised as fun; CLASS Academy students continue learning even during play time.
- Extended supervision is available from 7 am until 6 pm at no extra charge.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||156 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$950|
|Tuition Notes||$950 a month is tuition for our school age students. $990 a month is the tuition for our preschool / kinder aged students. This includes before and after school care as well.|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: PK-12 | 863 students
6300 SW Nicol Road
Portland, OR 97223
(503)768-3115 4.9 PK-12
- Portland Grades: PK-12 | 773 students
8825 SW Barnes Road
Portland, OR 97225
(503)297-1894 3.5 PK-12
- Portland Grades: PK-8 | 328 students
127 N Rosa Parks Way
Portland, OR 97217
(503)283-5197 3 PK-8
CLASS Academy is a fantastic year round private school! My son loves it and the teachers! He's an active kid, so the hand on activities, energizers, PE and art everyday are just what he needs. They also go on fun field trips and have swim and ice skating lessons! The year round program with minimal days off and accelerated curriculum has really helped him academically and socially. I can't recommend CLASS Academy enough!
- Posted by Parent - Cortney
They are great about integrating outside programs into the school week, which gives parents a lot of flexibility in not having to drive kids around to do those activities. They are also a year around school, which is a huge plus for the students to be continually learning. My 6 year old has accelerated dramatically in core skills - much ahead of typical expectations of that age group. And importantly, the faculty are top-notch. I'm constantly amazed at the caliber and integrity of teachers they have. Like nothing else I've experienced in Portland for gradeschool.
- Posted by Parent - JR
I have two children 9ages 6 and 9) that currently attend Class Academy. We had initially been at a nearby public school in the region and we were not happy with the experience that our son was having there. Class Academy is a wonderful environment where my children thrive and have rapidly excelled in their learning. We are very impressed with the teachers and their method of teaching. There is much to love about Class Academy.
- Posted by Parent - AJ
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.