Portland Waldorf School
5.00 (1 review)
- From our beautiful 7.2 acre campus in Milwaukie, our mission is to work out of the insights of Rudolf Steiner to educate children for the whole of life.
- We nurture the imagination, cultivate the intellect, and recognize the spirit of each child.
- In this way, children are strengthened individually and socially to meet the challenges of life.
- Portland Waldorf School offers a broad education that includes, in addition to a full range of academic subjects, foreign language instruction, music, art (fine and applied), drama, movement, and physical education for all students.
- Teachers introduce subjects when possible through imaginative and direct experience and movement, which appeals to the different ways children learn.
- Graduates are known as independent, interdisciplinary thinkers with an enthusiasm for learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Average Class Size||26 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Mary Beaton|
|Admissions Associate||Shanti McCarter|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Advanced unicycling - Grades 4 - 6, Chess Club, Circus arts - Grades 4 - 6, Student Ambassador Program - High School, Student Government - High School Chess Club, Advanced unicycling - Grades 4 - 6,|
Circus arts - Grades 4 - 6,
Student Ambassador Program - High School,
Student Government - High School,
- Portland Waldorf School was founded in 1982 as the Morning Song School. In the years since, it has steadily grown and moved through several locations in the Portland area before settling on our Milwaukie campus in 2002. In 1999, a dedicated group of faculty came together to grow Portland Waldorf High School, and today we are proud to offer a Waldorf education that spans early childhood through 12th Grade. PWS is a proud member of the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA).
Profile last updated: 01/14/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake OswegoGrades: K-7 | 64 students
17650 SW 65th Ave
Lake Oswego, OR 97035
- TualatinGrades: NS-12 | 551 students
23370 SW Boones Ferry Rd.
Tualatin, OR 97062
- GladstoneGrades: K-8 | 162 students
1505 Rivergate School Rd
Gladstone, OR 97027
- PortlandGrades: NS-8 | 546 students
8500 NW Johnson Street
Portland, OR 97229
- GladstoneGrades: PK-12 | 110 students
6460 Glen Echo Ave
Gladstone, OR 97027
My child attended the Portland Waldorf School from Kindergarten through his senior year in high school. We could not ask for a more nurturing and supportive environment for our child. He was accepted to all the colleges that he applied to and offered scholarships by most of them. We feel very fortunate to have found such a wonderful - nurturing school for our son. The bonus is the rich applied arts programs that are missing in most public high schools. His portfolio was rich with woodworking, metal smithing, fiber arts and fine art!
- Posted by Parent - decem
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.