Horizon Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
Horizon Christian School Photo #3 - Horizon Christian High School's spring musical, "Fiddler on the Roof."
- We are grateful for your interest in our school. We are located in Tualatin, Oregon, serving nearly 500 students PreK through 12th grade on two beautiful campuses. For 40 years, Horizon Christian School has provided excellence in academics, arts, athletics, and extracurricular activities, all built on the foundation of Christ-centered faith and community.
- We are compelled by our mission to develop a school that will glorify God. We are committed to equipping our students with an educational experience that will empower them to overcome obstacles and embrace opportunities at each level of their growth and development. We are dedicated to inspiring in each student a genuine love for God, love for one another, and active engagement in serving their communities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Northwest Association of Accredited Schools|
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||551 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus and Statistics, College Writing 121 & 122, Dual Credit Courses Offered through OIT, Dual credit courses offered thru Portland Community College, General Psychology, Macroeconomics, Pre-Calculus, Speech & Debate|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Daycare Contact Learning Center Full Day Kindergarten $6,725 Grades 1-5 $8,075 Grades 6-8 $8,925 Grades 9-12 $11,325|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Megan Campbell|
|Admissions Associate||Tiffany Redwing|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Mission Trips, Service Days|
Club or Organization:
Associated Student Body, DECA, Esports Club, Lego Club, National Honor Society
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Chapel, Drama Club, Ensemble
- Our Mission: Horizon Christian School exists to glorify God through excellence in Education, Faith and Community.
- Our Calling: Horizon Christian is A Place Where Everybody is Somebody and Jesus is All!
- Our school is a college preparatory academic institution built on a strong foundation of faith and community where every student will be equipped for higher education and gain the skills necessary for success beyond high school. Our goal is to prepare every student in their academic and personal development for each transition that will take place over their educational journey. Over 90% of our graduates attend college after high school.
- Whether it is in the classroom, athletic fields, playground, or in our extracurricular activities, we are committed to creating environments of spiritual growth and academic rigor. It is our privilege to offer our community academically strong, faith-based educational programs to PreK through 12th-grade, and International students 7th through 12th grade.
- Our high school has been accreditied with AdvancED since 2006. Most teachers are accredited through the Teachers Standards and Practices Commission or the Association of Christian Schools International.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oregon City Grades: NS-12 | 245 students
19575 Sebastian Way
Oregon City, OR 97045
(503)655-5961 9.5 NS-12
- Molalla Grades: PK-12 | 208 students
16975 S Highway 211
Molalla, OR 97038
(503)829-5575 17.5 PK-12
- Tualatin Grades: K-8 | 172 students
4201 SW Borland Rd
Tualatin, OR 97062
(503)638-6399 3 K-8
The teachers and staff at Horizon Christian truly care, fueling not only brainpower but also confidence and character in our kids. Their grades and attitudes reflect the positive nurturing attention they receive each day. We came from a larger public school environment and had reservations about a small school. Those reservations have been replaced with a desire to be our best and contribute to this amazing team of spiritually gifted individuals. We love it at Horizon
- Posted by Parent - debby
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.