Rivergate Adventist Elementary School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- The Rivergate staff is determined to provide our students with a safe physical and emotional environment where they can develop a relationship with God and acquire an education that will instill in each of them Christian values, high self-esteem, high academic achievement, and responsible behavior.
- Adventist education seeks to develop a life of faith in God and respect for the dignity of all human beings; to build character akin to that of the Creator; to nurture thinkers rather than mere reflectors of others’ thoughts; to promote loving service rather than selfish ambition; to ensure maximum development of each individual’s potential; and to embrace all that is true, good, and beautiful.
- Rivergate Adventist Elementary is accredited through the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools.
- NAAS is one of six regional accreditation associations in the United States.
- Accreditation is a means of showing confidence in a schools performance.
- An education of this kind imparts far more than academic knowledge.
- It fosters a balanced development of the whole person – physically, intellectually, socially, and spiritually.
- Working together, homes, schools, and churches cooperate with divine agencies in preparing learners for responsible citizenship in this world and in the world to come.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||154 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oregon City Grades: NS-12 | 245 students
19575 Sebastian Way
Oregon City, OR 97045
(503)655-5961 4.8 NS-12
- Portland Grades: PK-8 | 255 students
7425 Se Cesar E Chavez Blvd
Portland, OR 97202
(503)774-8871 5.8 PK-8
Bringing my son to Rivergate was the best decision I could have made for him! He has improved in every area. His attitude has improved, he has straight A's, and he loves bible study! Ms. Smith is a fabulous teacher! I intend to keep my son at Rivergate all the way through=)
- Posted by Parent - katya
Rivergate Adventist is a christ centered school that lives what they advertise. As a parent of a second grader, I was amazed by the level of staff commitment and excellence of the instruction my son recieved while attending this year. Sharilyn Smith, the second-third grade teacher, was a godsend to my child. Anyone looking for an investment in their childs future, need look no farther. Rivergate Adventist a place where your child will be loved, instructed in academic excellence, and have fun. God Bless!!! Submitted by a parent
- Posted by Parent - Scott
Small class sizes, lots of individual attention, lots of great activities and challenges for all ages and abilities. The teachers and staff are fantastic.
- Posted by Parent - amber
Nearby Homes for Sale
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.