Westgate Christian School
- Westgate Christian School strives for academic excellence in order to prepare students for a life of service to God.
- We believe in traditional educational procedures and emphasize the basics in building an academic foundation.
- The academic curriculum focuses on preparing and enabling the student to communicate effectively with others, to work responsibly and productively in a technically-oriented society, to further his Christian and American heritage, and to apply biblical wisdom in daily life.
- Our students seek to understand not only the Bible, but also language, literature, mathematics, history, music, and the natural sciences.
- Students are challenged to work independently and to think for themselves as they build convictions that will stand under the pressures of our modern culture.
- Westgate Baptist Church is committed to seeing the Gospel proclaimed and the cause of Christ advanced in our own Portland area, in the Pacific Northwest region of our nation, throughout the United States, and across the entire globe.
- We are privileged to be able to partner together with twenty different missionary families who minister the Gospel around the world in fifteen different countries.
- Westgate is the sending church for two of these families: the Dean family and the Sode family.
- Our prayer is that God would send forth more laborers from our midst.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||144 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: PK-12 | 863 students
6300 SW Nicol Road
Portland, OR 97223
(503)768-3115 3.4 PK-12
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.