Westgate Christian School
- Westgate Christian School strives for academic excellence in order to prepare students for a life of service to God.
- We believe in traditional educational procedures and emphasize the basics in building an academic foundation.
- The academic curriculum focuses on preparing and enabling the student to communicate effectively with others, to work responsibly and productively in a technically-oriented society, to further his Christian and American heritage, and to apply biblical wisdom in daily life.
- Our students seek to understand not only the Bible, but also language, literature, mathematics, history, music, and the natural sciences.
- Students are challenged to work independently and to think for themselves as they build convictions that will stand under the pressures of our modern culture.
- Westgate Baptist Church is committed to seeing the Gospel proclaimed and the cause of Christ advanced in our own Portland area, in the Pacific Northwest region of our nation, throughout the United States, and across the entire globe.
- We are privileged to be able to partner together with twenty different missionary families who minister the Gospel around the world in fifteen different countries.
- Westgate is the sending church for two of these families: the Dean family and the Sode family.
- Our prayer is that God would send forth more laborers from our midst.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||144 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: PK-12 | 863 students
6300 SW Nicol Road
Portland, OR 97223
(503)768-3115 3.4 PK-12
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.