The Childrens Hour Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
- The Children's Hour Academy is a small private school with limited enrollment, located on two campuses in Lake Oswego.
- We are licensed by the state of Oregon and are persuing our Private School Accreditation.
- Our Christian setting is non-denominational. We welcome children regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, marital status of parents or special needs.
- Our mission is to serve children and families with unparalleled educational and developmental opportunities.
- Our educated and dedicated teachers augment learning environments in response to each student's distinct learning styles.
- This is achieved while maintaining the highest level of respect, safety, and accountability.
The Childrens Hour Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Oregon for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||all|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniforms- navy pants/skirts, polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see website.|
|Admissions Director||Patricia Thomas|
- The Children's Hour Academy is a small private school with limited enrollment, located on two campuses in Lake Oswego. We offer American Sign Language, a formal music program, and German language. Hot lunch is included in the tuition. We have before and aftercare available. Our classrooms are small, maintaining low teacher-to-child ratios. We are a child centered, developmentally-appropriate program for infants through elementary school. This program facilitates positive growth and care for children. We are licensed by the state of Oregon and have our Private School Accreditation. Our Christian setting is non-denominational. We welcome children regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, marital status of parents or special needs. Parents are encouraged to visit anytime. Your mission is to serve children and families with unparalleled educational and developmental opportunities. Our educated and dedicated teachers augment learning environments in response to each student's distinct learning styles. This is achieved while maintaining the highest level of respect, safety, and accountability.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oregon City Grades: NS-12 | 245 students
19575 Sebastian Way
Oregon City, OR 97045
(503)655-5961 9.2 NS-12
- Portland Grades: PK-8 | 255 students
7425 Se Cesar E Chavez Blvd
Portland, OR 97202
(503)774-8871 8.1 PK-8
We feel so thankful to have found a great academic home at CHA! We have two children attending this year. Our son started at CHA two years ago in preschool and is now in Kindergarten. We have been so pleased with the school, that this year we transitioned our daughter to CHA; she is in the elementary school. It's wonderful to have them both at CHA. The school offers small class sizes, individualized attention, a wonderful balance of developmentally appropriate academics and play, as well as a very welcoming, family environment. My children know all of the teachers and students across campus - we love it here!
- Posted by Parent - amyld
I love working here. It is one of the most warm, loving, nurturing, and openly diverse schools I have had the pleasure to work for. The staff have accepted me with arms outstretched and made my transition from California seamless. I adore working with my co-workers and all the children at CHA. I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else.
- Posted by Teacher - kayla
I have 2 children who attend CHA -- 3 yr old, enrolled in the Meridian Campus and 6 months old, attends the Jean Road Infant/Toddler campus. I absolutely love CHA -- Small classes, clean and spacious facility, wonderful teachers, excellent curriculum, expansive gym -- just everything about the school i love. The teachers communicate with parents on a daily basis via blog postings on what the class did for the day, the curriculum for the toddlers have a nice balance of free play and structure; they have assessments for infants/todders to see if there are any potential developmental issues. The curriculum includes Music Together and Soccer Shots; spanish and german language classes. I''ve been so impressed with how my son and daughter has blossomed. I would not hesitate to recommend CHA to any other parent!!
- Posted by Parent - chery
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.