Tualatin Valley Academy
- Tualatin Valley Academy (TVA) is a private Christian school funded by parents, the Oregon Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, and eight local SDA churches.
- It is acredited by AdvancedEd. Students are encouraged to develop personal responsibility in how they treat themselves and others.
- The staff strives to provide a positive, safe environment where students grow academically, and develop thinking and decision-making skills while building Christian character.
- Tualatin Valley Academy is committed to providing a Christ-centered education that nurtures the individuality of the students within a climate of academic excellence.
Tualatin Valley Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Oregon for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Northwest Christian Schools International (NWCSI)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-10|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ESL|
|Total Students||211 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress must be modest, neat, clean, and appropriate.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 30 / Jun. 30 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,396|
|Tuition Notes||$6396 to $8880 depending on grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Katherine Morton|
|Admissions Associate||Danielle Krieglelstein|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Community Service, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Bells, Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Tualatin Valley Academy is a PreK-10th grade Seventh-day Adventist school located in Hillsboro, OR. We are committed to providing quality education in a Christ-filled environment. Our school is part of the world-wide Seventh-day Adventist school network. The Seventh-day Adventist educational system includes elementary and high schools, colleges and universities in countries around the globe.Tualatin Valley Academy was established to provide an excellent educational experience for students within a distinctively Christian environment. We accept students of all backgrounds who are committed to supporting Christian values and the standards on which our school was founded. As part of the largest Protestant educational system in the world, our faculty and staff continue the system wide educational tradition of encouraging and nurturing children to develop and perform at their highest potential spiritually, academically, emotionally, physically, and socially.We offer an affordable, family-oriented, Christian environment for children in pre-school through 9th grade. Our beautiful campus is home to approximately 200 students and provides an ideal learning environment for children from all walks of life.The campus includes a playground that is surrounded by a track and enclosed by trees. A large gymnasium and covered outdoor area provides physical education and play space during all types of weather. The Academy also has a spacious cafeteria, an inviting library, both elementary and upper grade computer labs, an upper grade student lounge, and well-equipped classrooms that have an abundance of natural light. In addition, our program called BASE, Before and After School Experience, provides child care as a service to our working parents. The program is available for students in grades PreK-9th grade whose parent`s work schedules do not make it possible for them to bring or pick up their children at regular school time, or in emergency situations. Accreditation: Tualatin Valley Academy is accredited by AdvancedEd which is recognized by all schools, colleges, and universities. We are also accredited by the North Pacific Union Conference Board of Education and the North American Division Commission on Accreditation.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Beaverton Grades: K | 14 students
15650 Nw Blueridge Rd
Beaverton, OR 97006
(503)466-1322 3.3 K
- Beaverton Grades: NS-8 | 290 students
13755 Sw Walker Rd
Beaverton, OR 97005
(503)644-5748 4.2 NS-8
- Beaverton Grades: K-5 | 386 students
4420 SW St. Mary’s Drive
Beaverton, OR 97078
(503)718-6500 4.1 K-5
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.