St. Anthony of Padua School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (318) 346-2739
St. Anthony of Padua School is a community of service-oriented Christians united for a value-centered education in the Catholic tradition.
Our uniqueness stems from Catholic beliefs that result in discipline through guidance, openness to one another, and quality education. We strive to provide an environment and a religious education program that are conductive to the growth of the child.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||We accept all different disabilities|
|Total Students||178 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy Pants with Red Polo with Logo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$270|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies depending on Church parish and multi-child discount. Please see website.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10|
|Admissions Director||Aimee Hayes|
|Admissions Associate||Christine Newton|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, FootballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
4-H Club, Beta Honors Society, Girls on the Run
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Supporters of Flag Football and Soccer
- St. Anthony of Padua School, in partnership with family, church and community, is committed to educating students of all faiths in Catholic values and traditions, helping each one to become the best version of themselves, as God intended, using the guiding principles of our Catholic faith and high-quality academics as the core framework for this commitment, ensuring that each student is nourished body, mind and soul and firmly rooted and formed in deep spirituality, good character, self-confidence and strong intellect.In order to fulfill our vision, the school aims to:provide a caring, friendly, and disciplined atmosphere where the children are happy and attain the highest academic levels possible.impart Christian values and maintain a Christian atmosphere, throughout all our school activities.develop in the children a sense of self-confidence, self-respect and self-discipline to help them to recognize the needs of others and to be able to work with others in a spirit of cooperation.help children develop an enquiring mind and the ability to make reasoned judgements and choices.continue to attract, retain and provide professional development for our teachers and administrators to further the vision of St. Anthony School.provide for the short and long term financial stability of our school, while continuing to provide families with an affordable Catholic education.continue to upgrade our facilities to enable us to meet the demands of the mission of our school.work closely with parents, community members, and all others involved with the school in order to achieve these aims.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cottonport Grades: PK-8 | 245 students
850 Front St
Cottonport, LA 71327
(318) 876-3651 8.3 PK-8
- Opelousas Grades: PK-12 | 913 students
186 Westminster Drive
Opelousas, LA 70570
(337) 948-8607 34.5 PK-12
We love being a Bulldog. The teachers and administration really care and it shows. The education is phenomenal. We love the new Montessori program. Our little girl is reading and is PreK!!!! Thank you to everyone who obviously works so hard to make this school feel like family!
- Posted by Parent - SAS Parent
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.