St Augustine High School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. Augustine High School is a Catholic, college preparatory secondary school for young men from ninth through twelfth grades.
- Our mission is to provide a liberal arts education in an environment that promotes the development of mind, heart and body in the Catholic tradition.
- By helping to form mature Christian men we communicate to the world the Augustinian values of love, truth and community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||736 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chula Vista Grades: 9-12 | 869 students
1615 Mater Dei Dr
Chula Vista, CA 91913
(619)423-2121 11.7 9-12
- San Diego Grades: 9-12 | 1478 students
5961 Linda Vista Rd
San Diego, CA 92110
(619)298-8277 4.4 9-12
- Carlsbad Grades: 7-12 | 320 students
2605 Carlsbad Boulevard
Carlsbad, CA 92008
(888)762-2338 32.4 7-12
I have 2 boys who graduated from this high school and both have now graduated college.Call it a college prep school, and SAHS indeed over-prepared them for college. Both of themare now about to enter graduate programs and service to community is in the forefront of theircareer goal (oldest is a civil engineer and the younger a biology graduate), which I hope becomestheir life's mission. The school is strong in tradition, and if this guarantees >90% college entrance, then this is a tradition every high school, both private and public , should keep.
- Posted by Parent - Who
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.