St Augustine School
- St. Augustine Cathedral School, a Catholic Faith community, welcomes and shapes young people as they grow in the knowledge and skills needed for their lives today and in the future.
- Saint Augustine Cathedral Parish has been providing a Catholic education to the children of the parish and surrounding community.
- Our staff is fully certified, with many instructors holding advanced degrees.
- Staff must also meet the requirements of the Catechist Certification Program through the Diocese of Kalamazoo.
- We have a strong core curriculum based on a traditional program of reading, writing, arithmetic, and Christian values.
- We also offer exceptional programs in art, music, creative writing, physical education, computer science, and other areas.
- The Catholic community supports and encourages each child in his/her quest for spiritual, intellectual, social and physical development.
- All share in the Gospel message of peace, love, self-discipline, patience and respect for each other, while strengthening the value of friendship and embracing individual differences and family cultures.
- As students grow within this community, they are made aware of the needs of others, both locally and globally, through action and service on behalf of the poor and needy.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||319 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kalamazoo Grades: PK-12 | 29 students
700 Fletcher Ave
Kalamazoo, MI 49006
(269)383-0505 0.7 PK-12
- Kalamazoo Grades: PK-6 | 99 students
750 Howard St
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
(269)349-3248 1.7 PK-6
- Kalamazoo Grades: K-5 | 56 students
2001 Cameron St
Kalamazoo, MI 49001 1.8 K-5
- Kalamazoo Grades: PK-8 | 334 students
615 Fairview Ave
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
(269)342-8008 2.3 PK-8
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.