St Augustine School
- St. Augustine Cathedral School, a Catholic Faith community, welcomes and shapes young people as they grow in the knowledge and skills needed for their lives today and in the future.
- Saint Augustine Cathedral Parish has been providing a Catholic education to the children of the parish and surrounding community.
- Our staff is fully certified, with many instructors holding advanced degrees.
- Staff must also meet the requirements of the Catechist Certification Program through the Diocese of Kalamazoo.
- We have a strong core curriculum based on a traditional program of reading, writing, arithmetic, and Christian values.
- We also offer exceptional programs in art, music, creative writing, physical education, computer science, and other areas.
- The Catholic community supports and encourages each child in his/her quest for spiritual, intellectual, social and physical development.
- All share in the Gospel message of peace, love, self-discipline, patience and respect for each other, while strengthening the value of friendship and embracing individual differences and family cultures.
- As students grow within this community, they are made aware of the needs of others, both locally and globally, through action and service on behalf of the poor and needy.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||319 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school, and preschool to St Augustine School is Reformed Heritage Christian School (0.7 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kalamazoo Grades: PK-12 | 29 students
700 Fletcher Ave
Kalamazoo, MI 49006
(269)383-0505 0.7 PK-12
- Kalamazoo Grades: PK-6 | 99 students
750 Howard St
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
(269)349-3248 1.7 PK-6
- Kalamazoo Grades: K-5 | 56 students
2001 Cameron St
Kalamazoo, MI 49001 1.8 K-5
- Kalamazoo Grades: PK-8 | 334 students
615 Fairview Ave
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
(269)342-8008 2.3 PK-8
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.