St. Monica School
St. Monica School is a Roman Catholic educational community dedicated to integrating the teachings of the church with a sound, academically challenging curriculum from preschool through grade eight.
Students are encouraged to incorporate their thinking and believing in a manner that fosters a spiritual relationship with God, intellectual growth and inspires a life of Christian service to the Church and community.
- Top Ranked MI School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 346 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 20%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Tuition calculation based upon most recent Federal Tax Return's Adjusted Gross Income, and family's membership at one of the participating parishes of the Catholic Schools of Greater Kalamazoo.
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Destination Imagination, Girls on the Run, Girls on Track, Math Counts, Scouting, Ski Club, Swim Club
- Philosohpy Statements
- We believe each child will be provided a challenging academic Catholic education based in Catholic doctrine, academic knowledge, and life experience.
- We believe children are instilled with responsibility, self-sufficiency, and teamwork with respect for self and others.
- We believe service to Church and community is recognized as the duty of all, grounded deeply in a relationship with God.
- We believe the growth and development of the whole child is accomplished in a nurturing Catholic environment and is sustained by an active partnership of devoted families, dedicated staff, and supportive parishes.
- We believe there is a need to balance the scope of core curricular offerings with specials classes such as art, physical education, library, computers, music and hands on science.
- We believe in maintaining financial sustainability by being fiscally responsible with our budget.
- We believe the curriculum offered prepares children for the future and inspires a life of service to others.
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
I am very pleased with the education my children are receiving in the safe, supportive environment offered by St. Monica School. The school creates a family feeling between teachers and students across grade levels. I cannot value enought the ability to teach and model and practice Christian values and Catholic teachings on a daily basis. My children are developing their faith as they become successful, confident learners.
Endorse St. Monica School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.