St Monica School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. Monica School is a Roman Catholic educational community dedicated to integrating the teachings of the church with a sound, academically challenging curriculum from preschool through grade eight.
- Students are encouraged to incorporate their thinking and believing in a manner that fosters a spiritual relationship with God, intellectual growth and inspires a life of Christian service to the Church and community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||336 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition calculation based upon most recent Federal Tax Return's Adjusted Gross Income, and family's membership at one of the participating parishes of the Catholic Schools of Greater Kalamazoo.|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Football, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Destination Imagination, Girls on the Run, Girls on Track, Math Counts, Scouting, Ski Club, Swim Clu|
- Philosohpy Statements
- We believe each child will be provided a challenging academic Catholic education based in Catholic doctrine, academic knowledge, and life experience.
- We believe children are instilled with responsibility, self-sufficiency, and teamwork with respect for self and others.
- We believe service to Church and community is recognized as the duty of all, grounded deeply in a relationship with God.
- We believe the growth and development of the whole child is accomplished in a nurturing Catholic environment and is sustained by an active partnership of devoted families, dedicated staff, and supportive parishes.
- We believe there is a need to balance the scope of core curricular offerings with specials classes such as art, physical education, library, computers, music and hands on science.
- We believe in maintaining financial sustainability by being fiscally responsible with our budget.
- We believe the curriculum offered prepares children for the future and inspires a life of service to others.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kalamazoo Grades: 9-12 | 254 students
1000 W Kilgore Rd
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
(269)381-2646 0.3 9-12
- Kalamazoo Grades: K-9 | 68 students
100 Pratt Rd
Kalamazoo, MI 49001
(269)385-4889 0.5 K-9
- Kalamazoo Grades: 7-9 | 231 students
3333 S Westnedge Ave
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
(269)343-3645 0.9 7-9
- Kalamazoo Grades: PK-8 | 334 students
615 Fairview Ave
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
(269)342-8008 1.2 PK-8
I am very pleased with the education my children are receiving in the safe, supportive environment offered by St. Monica School. The school creates a family feeling between teachers and students across grade levels. I cannot value enought the ability to teach and model and practice Christian values and Catholic teachings on a daily basis. My children are developing their faith as they become successful, confident learners.
- Posted by Parent - bsmck
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.