St. Monica School is a Roman Catholic educational community dedicated to integrating the teachings of the church with a sound, academically challenging curriculum from preschool through grade eight.
Students are encouraged to incorporate their thinking and believing in a manner that fosters a spiritual relationship with God, intellectual growth and inspires a life of Christian service to the Church and community.
- Top Ranked MI School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 302 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 19%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Tuition calculation based upon most recent Federal Tax Return's Adjusted Gross Income, and family's membership at one of the participating parishes of the Catholic Schools of Greater Kalamazoo.
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Destination Imagination, Girls on the Run, Girls on Track, Math Counts, Scouting, Ski Club, Swim Club
- Philosohpy Statements
- We believe each child will be provided a challenging academic Catholic education based in Catholic doctrine, academic knowledge, and life experience.
- We believe children are instilled with responsibility, self-sufficiency, and teamwork with respect for self and others.
- We believe service to Church and community is recognized as the duty of all, grounded deeply in a relationship with God.
- We believe the growth and development of the whole child is accomplished in a nurturing Catholic environment and is sustained by an active partnership of devoted families, dedicated staff, and supportive parishes.
- We believe there is a need to balance the scope of core curricular offerings with specials classes such as art, physical education, library, computers, music and hands on science.
- We believe in maintaining financial sustainability by being fiscally responsible with our budget.
- We believe the curriculum offered prepares children for the future and inspires a life of service to others.
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are St. Monica School often compared to?
St. Monica Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like St. Augustine School by visitors of our site.
What sports does St. Monica School offer?
St. Monica School offers 5 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is St. Monica School's ranking?
St. Monica School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Michigan for: Largest student body.
When is the application deadline for St. Monica School?
The application deadline for St. Monica School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
I am very pleased with the education my children are receiving in the safe, supportive environment offered by St. Monica School. The school creates a family feeling between teachers and students across grade levels. I cannot value enought the ability to teach and model and practice Christian values and Catholic teachings on a daily basis. My children are developing their faith as they become successful, confident learners.
Endorse St. Monica School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.