St. Bernadette Catholic School
Tel: (703) 451-8696
St. Bernadette Catholic School is open for school! Our first day was Wednesday, August 26.
We currently have a true hybrid learning environment. Some students (about 20%) are learning remotely from home; some students (about 20%) are either attending school Monday/Wednesday/Friday or Tuesday/Thursday while remote learning the rest of the school week; and the other 60% are learning in the classroom all week.
All students in Pre-K are in-person. We are grateful that we could accommodate almost every family`s preference for in-person or remote learning.
For the present, we are adding new students to a waiting list until we have additional openings.Our school continues to follow the protocols recommended by the CDC, the Fairfax County Department of Public Health, the Arlington Diocese, and the Virginia Council for Private Education. Our students are spaced six feet apart in the classroom.
Students wear face masks at school, have frequent opportunities to wash their hands, and keep social distances in the hallways, in the cafeteria, and on the playground.
Students are divided into "cohorts" and stay with the same group of 17-18 students to minimize contact with other groups.
We added a third cohort in each grade Kindergarten-2nd grade so that every student may attend school full-time.
We have additional protocols and procedures that are distributed to each school family.
Together, we are doing our very best as a school community to stay safe and keep learning!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||465 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,050|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition starts at $7,050 for Catholic students with discounts for multiple students and active-duty military families. $8,970 for non-Catholic students.|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Mary Del Rio|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Lego Club, Math Club, National Honor Society, Safety Patrol, Scouts, Track and Field Club, Video Club, Virtue Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Drama
At Saint Bernadette, we teach the whole child, enriching their lives academically, spiritually, physically, morally and socially. Growing up in today`s society, children need the support of a community, helping them to thrive, not just survive the challenges of modern life. We aim to train students who can think critically and make sound decisions for themselves. Come and see for yourself why St. Bernadette School is a great place to grow and learn!
- Our Mission: The community of Saint Bernadette Catholic School and Parish works together to form hearts and minds in Christ. By fostering a love for lifelong learning, we develop the whole child through faith formation, service to others, and academic excellence to be leaders in our ever-changing world.
- Our Story: Saint Bernadette Catholic School is a Catholic elementary school in the Diocese of Arlington, serving the people of our parish and the greater community. Our school works to meet the educational needs of students in grades pre-K through 8th grade. Established in 1959, we have strong traditions that have grown to embrace the diverse learning needs of our student population. No longer the "one size fits all" school of the 50`s, we provide a robust Fine Arts program, coding in our Technology classes, a Learning Resource Center, and a well-established sports program in addition to our traditional Catholic education.
- Our Faith: At Saint Bernadette, we have a long tradition of strong academic Catholic education. We recognize the lasting impact we can have on our students, and strive to make every day count. As a Catholic school, we have a two-fold mission strong academics and faith formation. Our academic program provides support for children with academic challenges and challenges for students who excel in their studies. We do our best to meet children where they are, and provide support for their families as the primary educators of their children.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Springfield Grades: PK-K | 193 students
8306 Old Keene Mill Rd
Springfield, VA 22152
(703) 451-6177 1.4 PK-K
- Springfield Grades: PK-3 | 65 students
5236 Backlick Rd
Springfield, VA 22151
(703) 256-3773 2.5 PK-3
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.