The Springs A Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
- THE SPRINGS was founded in 1966 as a private school to provide Montessori classes for children in the Northern Virginia area. In 1984, THE SPRINGS expanded to include a licensed Full Day Program and in September 2014 expanded to include an Infant and Toddler Montessori program. Most recently, The Springs opened a Lower Elementary (Grades 1-3) Montessori classroom. The school is independent and classes are secular.
- Our goal is to provide a secure, inviting, challenging and stimulating environment for the intellectual and social development of each child in accordance with the Montessori philosophy.THE SPRINGS offers both a Full Day Montessori Program and a Half Day Montessori Program.
- Our classrooms provide traditional Montessori education with mixed age groups where children are encouraged to learn and develop at his or her own rate in accordance with his or her own needs, interests, and abilities.
- We are devoted to helping children acquire a love of learning, intellectual curiosity, respect for others and self discipline.
- THE SPRINGS provides a mixed age Infant classroom (6 wks-18 months), Toddler classrooms (18 months-3 years), Primary classrooms (3-6 years) as well as an Elementary School (grades 1-6) for children in Springfield, Lorton, Fairfax Station, Ft Belvoir, Mt Vernon, Kingstowne, Annandale, Burke, and Woodbridge, Virginia.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||277 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform required for Elementary School)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Engineering for Kids
Arts and Music Programs:
Music Kids (Piano or Violin), Spanish Class
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Jump Bunch (Sports Program)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
My son has attended The Springs for the past four months and I am very impressed with the school admin, teachers, and overall programs. My son came from a traditional preschool prior to attending The Springs and he was having major difficulty at being independent, transitioning between new activities, and expressing himself when frustrated, sad, etc. Within a month of the new environment he has overcome these fundamental skills and has demonstrated a joy/curiosity in learning about the different animals in the continents, spelling, and explains simple number concepts. I can not express my gratitude enough to the school and I look forward to the next two years. I only wish I would have started earlier. The school provides several family events (sometimes monthly) to allow the parents and families to meet. The community has really been good for my family. On a side note, the school seems to be going through a transition. Many teachers are new to The Springs but their credentials are well vetted and explained to the families. From my perspective, we haven't seen any bumps in the road.
- Posted by Parent - emily
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.