- Angelus Academy serves families in Northern Virginia by supporting parents in their sacred mission to transmit the rich and time-tested traditions of the Catholic faith and culture in a familial atmosphere characterized by mutual respect and generosity of spirit. We embrace a liberal arts curriculum in the classical tradition as the means to support our mission.
- What makes Angelus Academy such a special place is the remarkable level of commitment this mission elicits in the school`s founders, trustees, faculty, staff, families and students.
- We invite you to get to know the people whose combined witness and dedicated service keep the wheels turning at Angelus and contribute to the quality of our "finished product": our graduates, who go on to great things and of whom we are all justly proud.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Catholic and Independent Schools (NAPCIS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||141 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy pants, jumper, skirt/white shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||BettyJo Lash|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After School Enrichment Program, Math Olympiad, Morning Care, Tutoring
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Instruction, Band Program, Choir, Drama Club, Shakespeare Festival
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- In union with parents, who are the primary educators of the child, and in loyalty to the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church, Angelus Academy is committed to transmitting the rich and time-tested traditions of the Catholic faith and culture in a familial atmosphere characterized by mutual respect and generosity of spirit. Commending ourselves to the patronage and prayers of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Incarnate Love and St. Gabriel, Angel of the Incarnation, we invoke the guidance of the Holy Spirit as we seek to cultivate in every child: a foundation for personal integrity and moral courage by encouraging personal prayer and devotion to Christ, to His sacraments and to His saints as winsome and compelling embodiments of Christian virtue; a reverence for the sanctity of human life and regard for the dignity of every person; expressed in empathy and respect for one`s fellows and compassion for all who suffer; loyalty to the family and the Church, and love of country, expressed in obedience to competent authority and a willingness to make personal sacrifices for the common good; a taste for excellence and a love for what is lasting and authentically beautiful in all aspects of human culture as the basis for the wholesome development of the creative imagination; a broad and rigorous intellectual formation through the training of the faculty of reason and a disciplined quest for the truth in every area of life. To these ends, Angelus Academy employs teachers who recognize that no testimony is more eloquent or convincing than personal witness, and therefore are committed to their own ongoing intellectual and spiritual formation.
- People that viewed Angelus Academy also viewed these schools: Blessed Sacrament School & Early Childhood Center.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alexandria Grades: NS-8 | 336 students
1417 W Braddock Rd
Alexandria, VA 22302
(703)998-4170 8.8 NS-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.