St Bernadette School
- Steeped in the Catholic tradition, St. Bernadette School is an ethnically diverse community serving students from Pre-Kindergarten through grade eight.
- Each student is encouraged to strive for academic excellence within a coeducational, safe, nurturing, and loving environment where moral values are taught and modeled.
- At Saint Bernadette Catholic School, we believe in providing our students with as many learning experiences in as possible in a wide variety of areas.
- One of our enrichment programs, open to exceptional students in grades 7 and 8 is the “Tech-Ed Program.” The students in this program have created and maintained this website.
- Utilizing computer skills mastered in class throughout their educational experience in grades K through 6.
- The Tech-Ed students are given hands-on experience in web creation using Microsoft FrontPage.
- The students have created or gathered all content, produced, scanned, and edited digital images, learned image manipulation using Adobe Photoshop, created PowerPoint presentations, produced digital sound files using digital sound editing software, and a wealth of other technical tasks.
- While accomplishing these “techno-tasks”, the students have learned vital lessons about the importance of teamwork in reaching a common goal, the concepts of deadlines and time management, and the importance of good communication.
- They have applied the gospel values instilled in them by their parents and the faculty and staff of our school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||124 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Eileen C. Steele|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- East Haven Grades: NS-8 | 142 students
35 Bishop St
East Haven, CT 06512
(203)467-1606 1.3 NS-8
- New Haven Grades: PK-8 | 320 students
351 Mckinley Ave
New Haven, CT 06515
(203)387-5693 5.4 PK-8
- Cheshire Grades: PK-K | 20 students
660 Boulder Rd.
Cheshire, CT 06410
(203)272-5893 14 PK-K
- Hamden Grades: PK-8 | 431 students
1601 Whitney Ave
Hamden, CT 06517
(203)248-3114 6.3 PK-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.