St. Bernard School
The roots of St. Bernard School are securely entrenched in its history.
In 1867, St. Bernard School and Church were begun through the sacrifices of the Catholics in the Taylor Creek area, thus showing the importance placed on both Education and Religion. Today, St. Bernard School exists to provide its students with a quality Catholic Education.
Through our value-centered environment and our stress on academic excellence reached through responding to the individual needs of each student, we strive to prepare our students to successfully meet the challenges of tomorrow.
- Top Ranked OH School
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Students: 201 students
- Average class size: 22 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 22%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Altar Server, Buddies, Junior Achievement, Lector, Mission Festival
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
- You will discover the many treasures that make St. Bernard an excellent investment for your child's education. St. Bernard School offers your child an exceptional education which emphasizes a love of learningacademic successspiritual growth in a faith based community. Our students score in the top 10% in the nation on the Terra Nova Tests. One hundred percent of our students are accepted at the Catholic High School of their choice. St. Bernard provides an environment that is welcoming and stresses love and respect for God, self, and others which enables our students to succeed. The strong Catholic academic programs, state of the art technology, innovative teaching, and caring leadership provided at St. Bernard, your child will excel academically, spiritually, and socially. You are strongly encouraged to contact Mrs. Laib either by phone (353-4224) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a visit or request additional information. This is an investment that will provide your child with the gifts to succeed! Thank you for choosing us! St. Bernard is an Excellent Choice! Our Belief St. Bernard School is committed to the quality education of children in partnership with their parents. We strive to educate the whole person by promoting the spiritual, moral, physical, and intellectual development of each student in a value-centered environment. The curriculum of St. Bernard School is geared to equip the students with the basic skills necessary, not only to meet, but to excel when presented with the academic challenges of the secondary school. Each student is encouraged to set and to meet personal goals that are realistic in academic potential and achievement. To reach these goals we seek to challenge the unique individual abilities of each student so that the student's self-worth and self-esteem will be enhanced and academic excellence attained. Our students are offered opportunities for interaction with peers, as well as with others who may enrich or broaden their learning experiences. We aim to help the students develop self-discipline, personal responsibility, and standards of behavior that come from within; thus, showing respect for the rights, feelings, and opinions of others. As a Catholic School, we are especially bound to create an atmosphere enlivened by the gospel spirit that will lead our students to assume responsibility in the community in which they live. We do this by stressing love and respect for God, self, and others. A concern for peace and justice is fostered, and we place special emphasis on helping the poor in our own area, as well as in mission lands. Formal Religion classes and active participation in the liturgy and other religious functions are essential elements in our school. Since the school is an extension of the entire faith community, the students are given the opportunity to develop the many facets of faith-life that bind individuals together and bring awareness of our mission to witness for Jesus Christ. We aim to form a Catholic community within the school and to attempt to instill in each student, true Christian values. We strive to develop a sense of respect for all authority: church, civil, home, and school by teaching and demanding the proper marks of respect and courtesy. At St. Bernard we are committed to caring leadership, competent teaching, and cooperative endeavors with students and parents. It is only through working together that we can best serve our students.
Endorse St. Bernard School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.